Science Proves Mountain Biking Is More Harmful Than Hiking

Old July 10th 04, 03:14 AM
Stephen Baker

Default Science Proves Mountain Biking Is More Harmful Than Hiking

Mike "I've made up my mind, don't bother me with the Truth" V say:

snip verbiage

Isn't it strange that rabid folks only agree with the literature that agrees
with their viewpoint?

A mind is definitely a sad thing to waste, but a closed mind really was wasted
to start with...

Steve
Old July 10th 04, 09:54 AM
di

?

You didn't read it, did you? There are places you can learn to read, even

after
you are too old for school.

You don't have to read it to know what it says, just read the first
paragraph or two and the credits at the end to know it's mostly BS composed
by a group of idiots only interested in promoting their views on others.

Besides why waste your time, we've heard it all many times on this NG.

Old July 10th 04, 10:19 AM
Patrick Lee Humphrey

Mike Vandeman writes:

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 00:42:55 GMT, "S o r n i" wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:

{42 KB's worth of hot air and cat scat}

Did you say something?

Bill "bwahaahhahahahahahahahahahha" S.

Thanks for proving that mountain bikers aren't interested in FACT.

You and facts have been estranged for a long time, Mike...and this mountain
biker will be out doing 100 km or so around the south and west fringes of
Houston today. (I'm not paying $1.85 a gallon. You are. Have fun.)

--
Patrick "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey ) Houston, Texas
www.chiefinstigator.us.tt/aeros.php (TCI's 2003-04 Houston Aeros)
Old July 10th 04, 01:00 PM
Stephen Baker

Micky Vee says:

You didn't read it, did you?

You'd like to think that, Mikey, but you'd be wrong.

There are places you can learn to read, even after
you are too old for school.

There's your second mistake for the week - you are never too old to learn
something new, but sadly you personally seem to be too stuck in your ways to
want to. ;-(

Steve "Grats on writing something new, though...;-)"
Old July 11th 04, 01:29 PM
Stephen Baker

Adam H asks (of MV):

Your stated desire is to create a human free wildlife environment, can
you explain to me why is it that you only seem to campaign against
mountain bikes?

Because any Quixotic endeavour requires that the windmills be large enough that
they can't be beaten or knocked over. If he started fighting something else,
he may just pick on something that can be done and then he would have to stand
behind some of his claims and actually try to do something real.
It's rather sad, really....
Old July 11th 04, 06:31 PM
di

That's not called "smart". It's called "prejudiced", which we knew

already. So I
guess you don't need to read Shakespeare, after the first play. Of course,

he
would just be repeating the same thing....

Shakespeare you are "not". Prejudiced is forming an opinion of someone
without knowing them, we know you very well from your posts, rants, and name
calling, our opinions are based on facts as you yourself have presented them
time and time again.

Old July 11th 04, 07:22 PM
Stephen Baker

"Di" says:

Prejudiced is forming an opinion of someone
without knowing them, we know you very well from your posts, rants, and name
calling, our opinions are based on facts as you yourself have presented them
time and time again.

"prejudiced" is what Mikey is...

Old July 12th 04, 12:09 PM
di

..

Prejudice by any other name.... Just for fun, how about telling us what I

say in
that paper, without reading it.

I don't care what you said in your paper, I already know what your
objectives were. You have already destroyed your credibility by past
performances, therefore rendering future discussions useless. Why should
I waste my time reading a lengthy paper, the subject line of your NG post
already told me all I wanted to know "Science Proves Mountain Biking is More
Harmful than Hiking". Also the fact that you posted it to this NG with
this subject line was only to attack bikers, not to promote your issue.

Mike you are a phony, you are not even an environmentalist, what you are is
a radical only interested in promoting a far out idea that you have somehow
dreamed up. An idea that is so ridiculous it could never be achieved, but
you have became so obsessed with it you have lost contact with reality.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

The "Science" on Mountain Biking Impacts Gary S. Mountain Biking 7 April 24th 04 05:33 PM
IMBA Tries to Justify Mountain Biking with Junk Science HCH Mountain Biking 4 April 10th 04 11:38 PM
Mike Vandeman qa2 Mountain Biking 26 November 18th 03 01:16 PM
More Hate Mail from a Typical Mountain Biker Stephen Baker Mountain Biking 11 October 26th 03 06:14 AM