Schwinn Bicycle Bike Computer SW654 Need Instructions

Old April 13th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Schwinn Bicycle Bike Computer SW654 Need Instructions

I tried getting help from Schwinn. results = zero. So now I'm asking
for your help.

I purchased a Schwinn bike computer model SW654 used and it came with
no instructions. Therefore I have a 17 function bike computer which has
lots of cool features, a backlight, two buttons and no clue how to set
it up or use it. This is a model that's sold at Target stores and
online.

If anyone has this bike computer and can furnish me with a scan or PDF
of the instructions I would be very grateful. As helpful as trying to
explain how to program it might be, it would be much better to have a
copy of the original instructions.

Thank in advance.

Old April 13th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"tolivercrash" wrote in message
oups.com...
I tried getting help from Schwinn. results = zero. So now I'm asking
for your help.

I purchased a Schwinn bike computer model SW654 used and it came with
no instructions. Therefore I have a 17 function bike computer which has
lots of cool features, a backlight, two buttons and no clue how to set
it up or use it. This is a model that's sold at Target stores and
online.

If anyone has this bike computer and can furnish me with a scan or PDF
of the instructions I would be very grateful. As helpful as trying to
explain how to program it might be, it would be much better to have a
copy of the original instructions.

Thank in advance.

Go and bark at the retailer.

Old April 14th 06, 06:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Like I said in my original post, I bought it *used*.

Old April 14th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

tolivercrash wrote:
Like I said in my original post, I bought it *used*.

New ones start at around 20 bucks if you strike out on the Schwinn.
Old April 14th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Schwinn support is useless. They have another company make ht e
products under thier name. As most computer setups as basically the
same, just fool around until you get the results you wish. You could
buy computer at Target, copy the instructons and get a refund stating
you don't like the product. I do have the instructions for mine but mo
way of copying and sending via the net
ED

Old April 14th 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"tolivercrash" wrote in message
oups.com...
I tried getting help from Schwinn. results = zero. So now I'm asking
for your help.

I purchased a Schwinn bike computer model SW654 used and it came with
no instructions. Therefore I have a 17 function bike computer which has
lots of cool features, a backlight, two buttons and no clue how to set
it up or use it. This is a model that's sold at Target stores and
online.

If anyone has this bike computer and can furnish me with a scan or PDF
of the instructions I would be very grateful. As helpful as trying to
explain how to program it might be, it would be much better to have a
copy of the original instructions.

Thank in advance.

I purchased a Schwinn Bike Computer from Walmart.
It is a 12 function computer, no idea as to model or anything.
here is it's manual
http://earlwb.onlinestoragesolution....ter_Manual.pdf

Old April 14th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Earl Bollinger wrote:

[...]

A 12+MB PDF?? Sheesh! The instructions for my Schwinn 1-button computer is on
both sides of one page.

&Rant-ON
What the heck did Adobe do to their PDF maker anyway? For some months I've
noticed that PDF catalogs from some of the commercial web sites I've patronized
for years have grown significantly in size ... some 2-3x ... compared to ones
from several years ago. Small difference in number of pages does not account
for the leap in PDF file size. PITA to those of us who don't have wideband.
&Rant-OFF

--
Michael
Old April 14th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Michael" wrote in message

Earl Bollinger wrote:

[...]

I apologize for ****ing you all off.
I'll avoid putting up anything again to help someone after this. It seems
all I ever get is hostility and hate about it whenever I do.
You know it takes time and money to have all the stuff needed to do this.
The stupid instructions are like put onto a little tiny piece of paper and
I have to go through time and effort in trying to get it to scan in OK.
I won't bother to waste my time doing it after this.,

Old April 15th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Earl Bollinger wrote:

I apologize for ****ing you all off.
I'll avoid putting up anything again to help someone after this. It seems
all I ever get is hostility and hate about it whenever I do.
You know it takes time and money to have all the stuff needed to do this.
The stupid instructions are like put onto a little tiny piece of paper and
I have to go through time and effort in trying to get it to scan in OK.
I won't bother to waste my time doing it after this.,

No one is putting a gun to their heads and making them download it. I
wouldn't worry about it.
Old April 15th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Michael wrote:

A 12+MB PDF?? Sheesh! The instructions for my Schwinn 1-button computer is on
both sides of one page.

No doubt he scanned the manual, so it's a large image rather than text
in the PDF.

Bicycleism Bicycleism Social Issues 1 July 19th 05 01:58 PM
The Bike Show Danny Colyer UK 1 July 7th 05 10:24 PM
Podcasts Fixed - 2005 National Mayors' Ride Begins Cycle America General 2 April 27th 05 05:37 PM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly(ish) Posting) kingsley Australia 3 February 24th 04 09:44 PM