A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Video of Fatal Accident Caused by Speed Camera



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 19th 09, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,790
Default Video of Fatal Accident Caused by Speed Camera

http://www.driversalliance.org.uk/press/view/281

The car-haters can say "It wouldn't have happened if they hadn't been
speeding" as much as they like, but that's just a pathetic excuse,
which shows yet again that the car-haters will *always* defend cameras
no matter what. The speed camera caused the accident, and no amount
of agenda-driven contortion can escape that fact.
Ads
  #2  
Old June 19th 09, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8
Default Video of Fatal Accident Caused by Speed Camera

On 19 June, 18:51, Nuxx Bar wrote:
http://www.driversalliance.org.uk/press/view/281

The car-haters can say "It wouldn't have happened if they hadn't been
speeding" as much as they like, but that's just a pathetic excuse,
which shows yet again that the car-haters will *always* defend cameras
no matter what. *The speed camera caused the accident, and no amount
of agenda-driven contortion can escape that fact.


The BBC video below it was interesting when it stated that speeding
causes 1/3 of serious and fatal accidents and that 20 European
countries are having a crackdown on speeding drivers. It fits in with
what I encounter on my travels, although I was surprised to see Dutch
speed cameras painted in grey as I'm used to them standing out in
bright yellow like they are here. I barely noticed a fair few Dutch
cameras because of this but as I was not speeding, it did not matter.

--
Simon Mason
  #3  
Old June 19th 09, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8
Default Video of Fatal Accident Caused by Speed Camera

Hell fire - The "Driver's Alliance" want you to* pay* to read their
claptrap, at least the ABD site is a free laugh.

--

Simon Mason
  #4  
Old June 19th 09, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Weaver
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 138
Default Video of Fatal Accident Caused by Speed Camera

On 19 June, 18:51, Nuxx Bar wrote:
http://www.driversalliance.org.uk/press/view/281

The car-haters can say "It wouldn't have happened if they hadn't been
speeding" as much as they like, but that's just a pathetic excuse,
which shows yet again that the car-haters will *always* defend cameras
no matter what. *The speed camera caused the accident, and no amount
of agenda-driven contortion can escape that fact.


All I see is drivers that aren't in control of their vehicle. Sadly
with the emphasis of speed limit == good, rather than driving at an
appropriate speed for the conditions, that isn't going to change.
  #5  
Old June 20th 09, 05:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bod43
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 76
Default Video of Fatal Accident Caused by Speed Camera

On 19 June, 18:51, Nuxx Bar wrote:
http://www.driversalliance.org.uk/press/view/281

The car-haters can say "It wouldn't have happened if they hadn't been
speeding" as much as they like, but that's just a pathetic excuse,
which shows yet again that the car-haters will *always* defend cameras
no matter what. *The speed camera caused the accident, and no amount
of agenda-driven contortion can escape that fact.


Perhaps what you say is true.

Thing is, this is not relevant to UK.rec.cycling.

The highway code (applicaple to the UK) clearly
states that drivers should be able to stop *within*
the distance that they can see to be clear.
This would include being clear of speed cameras.

Perhaps in Saudi it is different but that is not in the
least bit relevant here.

If you fancy driving otherwise you can now look forward
to a spell in jail after being convicted of causing death
by careless (or dangerous) driving.

If the incident presented here had occurred in the UK
and had resulted in the death of any non-driver and
had the driver survived I see little doubt that a conviction
as described above would result. The *voters* no longer
approve of any and all stupid driving. You should try to
get used to the idea since we will only be getting less
tolerant as time passes.

  #6  
Old June 20th 09, 07:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,927
Default Video of Fatal Accident Caused by Speed Camera

On 19 June, 18:51, Nuxx Bar wrote:
http://www.driversalliance.org.uk/press/view/281

The car-haters can say "It wouldn't have happened if they hadn't been
speeding" as much as they like, but that's just a pathetic excuse,
which shows yet again that the car-haters will *always* defend cameras
no matter what. *The speed camera caused the accident, and no amount
of agenda-driven contortion can escape that fact.

I say that loss of driver control caused the crash and it was not a
euphemistic 'accident'.

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.
  #7  
Old June 20th 09, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,698
Default Video of Fatal Accident Caused by Speed Camera

Doug wrote:
On 19 June, 18:51, Nuxx Bar wrote:
http://www.driversalliance.org.uk/press/view/281

The car-haters can say "It wouldn't have happened if they hadn't been
speeding" as much as they like, but that's just a pathetic excuse,
which shows yet again that the car-haters will *always* defend cameras
no matter what. The speed camera caused the accident, and no amount
of agenda-driven contortion can escape that fact.

I say that loss of driver control caused the crash


I think that is stating the bloody obvious, if he kept control he would
not have crashed.

and it was not a
euphemistic 'accident'.

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.


Ah, you mean he intended to crash.
--

Tony Dragon
  #8  
Old June 20th 09, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Happi Monday
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 149
Default Video of Fatal Accident Caused by Speed Camera

Nuxx Bar wrote:
http://www.driversalliance.org.uk/press/view/281

The car-haters can say "It wouldn't have happened if they hadn't been
speeding" as much as they like, but that's just a pathetic excuse,
which shows yet again that the car-haters will *always* defend cameras
no matter what. The speed camera caused the accident, and no amount
of agenda-driven contortion can escape that fact.


You need to get a life, son.

  #9  
Old June 20th 09, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,166
Default Video of Fatal Accident Caused by Speed Camera

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 13:13:07 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

[snippity]

This sort of "blame the camera" ******** always makes me think of
Blame It on the Boogie:

parody style="JacksonFive"
Don't blame it on the speeding
Don't blame it on the mobiles
Don't blame it on the cagers
Blame it on the camera.
/parody

http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/wiki/Blame_It_On_The_Camera

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc | http://www.nohelmetlaw.org.uk/
"To every complex problem there is a solution which is
simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Newsgroup may contain nuts.
  #10  
Old June 20th 09, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Keitht
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,631
Default Video of Fatal Accident Caused by Speed Camera

Happi Monday wrote:
Nuxx Bar wrote:
http://www.driversalliance.org.uk/press/view/281

The car-haters can say "It wouldn't have happened if they hadn't been
speeding" as much as they like, but that's just a pathetic excuse,
which shows yet again that the car-haters will *always* defend cameras
no matter what. The speed camera caused the accident, and no amount
of agenda-driven contortion can escape that fact.


You need to get a life, son.

By the looks of some of the posts, he may have several already.

--

Come to Dave & Boris - your cycle security experts.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fatal bicycle accident G.T. Techniques 1 April 11th 06 03:04 AM
video camera pete66 Unicycling 3 December 17th 05 04:27 AM
video camera musketman Unicycling 3 December 16th 05 03:35 AM
Bicycle may have caused SUV accident LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m Social Issues 0 February 8th 05 07:38 AM
Video-camera:What should I get? unipsychogirl Unicycling 2 January 8th 04 12:22 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.