fatal hit & run...

Old September 1st 09, 03:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Snippy de Bobkins

Default fatal hit & run...

A Toronto cyclist has died after he was struck by a convertible in a
Yorkville hit-and-run Monday night.

The ordeal began just before 10 p.m. when the cyclist and driver got into an
argument heading west on Bloor Street at Bay Street, police say. As the cars
approached Avenue Road, there was a collision, Toronto police Traffic
Services Sergeant Tim Burrows said.

"That altercation continued down Bloor Street from Bay towards Avenue Road.
It escalated the entire time until a collision occurred," the officer said.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ont...586/story.html

Old September 1st 09, 04:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Snippy de Bobkins wrote:

A Toronto cyclist has died after he was struck by a convertible in a
Yorkville hit-and-run Monday night.

The ordeal began just before 10 p.m. when the cyclist and driver got into an
argument heading west on Bloor Street at Bay Street, police say. As the cars
approached Avenue Road, there was a collision, Toronto police Traffic
Services Sergeant Tim Burrows said.

"That altercation continued down Bloor Street from Bay towards Avenue Road.
It escalated the entire time until a collision occurred," the officer said.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ont...586/story.html

Sounds like the cyclist was a dick. I'm sure he had no lights or reflectors either even though it was 10 p.m.
at night. And I seriously doubt this guy was a "cyclist" in the parlance of what I deem to be a competent
cyclist. This guy was probably some cigarette smoking ****ed up messenger type A-hole who specializes in
defeating Kryptonite locks and stealing others' bikes.

I hope the guy from Harvard is not charged. If he is I would like to start a Driver Fairness Fund just like
Fraud did when he was framed by those criminal female lab techs in France (but for some strange reason never
framed Lance).

Thanks,

Magilla

Old September 1st 09, 08:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ont...al+police+cust...

Sounds like the cyclist was a dick. *I'm sure he had no lights or reflectors either even though it was 10 p.m.
at night. *And I seriously doubt this guy was a "cyclist" in the parlance of what I deem to be a competent
cyclist. *This guy was probably some cigarette smoking ****ed up messenger type A-hole who specializes in
defeating Kryptonite locks and stealing others' bikes.

I hope the guy from Harvard is not charged. *If he is I would like to start a Driver Fairness Fund just like
Fraud did when he was framed by those criminal female lab techs in France (but for some strange reason never
framed Lance).

dumbass,

the driver is a well known dick (you can tell just by the fact he was
driving a saab convertible).

that part of the city is under heavy construction and the drivers
there must be the most rage prone in the universe. he's an idiot just
for trying to drive through there.

if he felt threatened he could've gotten on his cell instead of
killing a guy. this will put a cramp in his political career.
Old September 1st 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Sep 1, 8:18*am, MagillaGorilla wrote:
Snippy de Bobkins wrote:

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ont...586/story.html

I hope the guy from Harvard is not charged.

Surely this is the first time that the words "I hope the guy
from Harvard is not charged" have ever been written.

Ben

Old September 1st 09, 09:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

wrote:
Surely this is the first time that the words "I hope the guy
from Harvard is not charged" have ever been written.

It's a big universe (do astrophysicists ride fixed gear bikes ?).

Old September 1st 09, 10:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

On Sep 1, 7:26*am, "Snippy de Bobkins" wrote:
A Toronto cyclist has died after he was struck by a convertible in a
Yorkville hit-and-run Monday night.

This sounds like something out of "The Road Warrior". Note to self-
NEVER hang onto a speeding car.

Here's some details on the cyclist, a bike messenger:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1272005/
http://tinyurl.com/lynw68

"Ken Brownhill of Action Messenger said that Mr. Sheppard was well-
liked among his co-workers and that he'd received e-mails from clients
commending Mr. Sheppard's polite and friendly demeanour."

Here's more detail on what happened:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/02/wo...02toronto.html
http://tinyurl.com/lrmgw5

"After the collision, Mr. Sheppard apparently grabbed the driver’s
side door and held on. Within moments, the police received reports of
a Saab convertible racing past the fashionable shops of Bloor Street
with a man clinging to its side. Two construction workers doing
repairs along the road told CTV, a Canadian television network, that
the car accelerated, its tires squealing, before veering into oncoming
traffic on the left side of the street.

Both men said that the motorist repeatedly mounted the sidewalk and
drove near lampposts in what seemed to be an attempt to brush off the
man hanging to the side. One of the workers, who was not identified by
CTV, said the driver was “yelling pretty loud and he sounded very,
very angry.” The other said, “He meant to knock him off.” Several
witnesses said that the clinging man flew off of the car after
striking a mailbox."

-Paul
Old September 2nd 09, 12:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

"Paul G." wrote:

[...]

I think the main focus should be on whether or not the Saab convertible was dented or not.
You can always have another child and raise him or her to be a bike messenger. But denting or
scratching a brand new Saab is something that can really devastate one's life. My heart goes
out to the driver.

Thanks,

Magilla

Old September 2nd 09, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ified-in-bryan...
[...]

was he wearing a helmet?
Old September 2nd 09, 03:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Amit Ghosh wrote:

if he felt threatened he could've gotten on his cell instead of
killing a guy.

Not mutually exclusive.
Old September 3rd 09, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Henry[_4_]

"Paul G." wrote:
[...]

goes without saying really, being a courier.

Fatal hit and run Leytonstone spindrift UK 2 September 11th 07 03:12 PM
Perverting justice after an fatal RTA spindrift UK 9 March 10th 07 12:38 AM
saddle rot - fatal? bugbear UK 10 February 14th 07 03:06 AM
Fatal bicycle accident G.T. Techniques 1 April 11th 06 03:04 AM
Lawyer (only) fined for fatal hit-run cfsmtb Australia 34 May 10th 05 01:07 AM