Thread cables through the Rohloff Twister?

Old March 8th 08, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Duncan Smith

Default Thread cables through the Rohloff Twister?

Just before I give up and let LBS take over:

Has anyone managed to thread both cables through the Rohloff grip
shift twister that comes with the 500-14 Speedhub?

I can fit (and re-fit) the first cable no problem - into the hole
against gear-2, up and around until it pokes out of the cable stop
(the one that hasn't been removed).

But the second cable (that's supposed to go into the outer cable run
(towards the stem) at gear 13) Starting from above and pushing down
this time - just keeps getting stuck on something after about an
inch.

I even let the missus have a go - we're both totally stumped!

Maybe there's a knack to it, maybe I've got a dodgy shifter??

Many thanks,

Duncan
Old March 9th 08, 03:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
BobT[_3_]

"Duncan Smith" wrote in message
Just before I give up and let LBS take over:

Has anyone managed to thread both cables through the Rohloff grip
shift twister that comes with the 500-14 Speedhub?

I can fit (and re-fit) the first cable no problem - into the hole
against gear-2, up and around until it pokes out of the cable stop
(the one that hasn't been removed).

But the second cable (that's supposed to go into the outer cable run
(towards the stem) at gear 13) Starting from above and pushing down
this time - just keeps getting stuck on something after about an
inch.

I even let the missus have a go - we're both totally stumped!

Maybe there's a knack to it, maybe I've got a dodgy shifter??

Many thanks,

Duncan

Never had any problems doing it three times with mine. I followed these
instructions in English:

http://www.rohloff.de/fileadmin/rohl...ge_2_13.en.pdf

See page 74 of this manual.

I'm curious, where do you live and what LBS do you have that even knows what
a Rohloff Speedhub is?

BobT

Old March 9th 08, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Duncan Smith

http://www.rohloff.de/fileadmin/rohl...hreibung/speed...

See page 74 of this manual.

I'm curious, where do you live and what LBS do you have that even knows what
a Rohloff Speedhub is?

Thanks, same instructions I'm using - first cable into g#2 no problem,
2nd cable into g#14 wont budge past a certain point no matter how much
fiddling around you do - bummer.

I'm in Northampton, UK and was planning on taking it to Pitsford
Cycles - don't know if they've seen one before or not but they're
usually pretty good.

Couple of other things: I have the TS model - but my usual track-nuts
don't seem to fit (originally came off the Langster, also did a stint
on an On-One hub) seems to be a different pitch?

The TS model doesn't have the quick release on the torque arm that the
CC model does. Is that for a reason? Could I fit the QR (if I could
buy it) - don''t fancy removing the arm with tools to fix a roadside
puncture if I don't have to?

Many thanks,

Duncan

Old March 9th 08, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
BobT[_3_]

"Duncan Smith" wrote in message

Never had any problems doing it three times with mine. I followed these
instructions in English:

http://www.rohloff.de/fileadmin/rohl...hreibung/speed...

See page 74 of this manual.

I'm curious, where do you live and what LBS do you have that even knows
what
a Rohloff Speedhub is?

Thanks, same instructions I'm using - first cable into g#2 no problem,
2nd cable into g#14 wont budge past a certain point no matter how much
fiddling around you do - bummer.

I don't have any ideas about what is causing the problem

I'm in Northampton, UK and was planning on taking it to Pitsford
Cycles - don't know if they've seen one before or not but they're
usually pretty good.

Couple of other things: I have the TS model - but my usual track-nuts
don't seem to fit (originally came off the Langster, also did a stint
on an On-One hub) seems to be a different pitch?

Rohloff manual shows these nuts as M10x1

The TS model doesn't have the quick release on the torque arm that the
CC model does. Is that for a reason? Could I fit the QR (if I could
buy it) - don''t fancy removing the arm with tools to fix a roadside
puncture if I don't have to?

I don't know there reasoning.

Many thanks,

Duncan

Old March 9th 08, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Duncan Smith

Rohloff manual shows these nuts as M10x1

The TS model doesn't have the quick release on the torque arm that the
CC model does. Is that for a reason? Could I fit the QR (if I could
buy it) - don''t fancy removing the arm with tools to fix a roadside
puncture if I don't have to?

I don't know there reasoning.

Thanks for the help - it's in good hands now, the pros have it!

Regards,

Duncan

not sure which thread to jack (steel/rohloff) till! Australia 6 September 10th 05 02:22 AM
Topeak Twister Digital Pump Paul Nevai Techniques 3 May 31st 05 01:39 AM
FS: Twister 3 bike rack Mike Marketplace 0 August 27th 04 10:47 PM
Swagman Twister Gerald Mountain Biking 2 August 20th 04 05:56 PM
FS: Continental Twister Pro Cross 700 x 32 pair Ron Gutierrez Marketplace 0 November 19th 03 07:12 AM