The pleasures of illegal cycling

Old May 31st 09, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

Default The pleasures of illegal cycling

I had completely forgotten the pleasures of illegal cycling! Leaving
aside the dragging disc brakes (until I cleaned them of crud with a
few sharp stops) and the small smear of chain oil on my shorts, I
rediscovered the delights of zipping along into wind at 20mph, rolling
along a smooth road at 30 and the extra space form the "WTF???"
factor. I only once wished I'd remembered to charge the Air Zound,
when Mr Audi 2 decided that because Mr Audi 1 decided it was safe to
cross to the other side of the road to go past roadworks because,
being a cyclist, I am either stationary or of zero width, so it was
also safe for him to do so. But ******* in Audis are a constant, and
I suppose one should not tabulate constants.

I especially enjoyed, after a couple of years of Bromming, the 27
usable gears, albeit with a touch of diplomacy betwixt me and bike
when selecting the outer ends. And oh, the comfort! Apart form the
legs, which reminded me forcefully when ascending a long hill that the
Brom uses subtly different muscles. Breathing is so easy, though,
which is great for an asthmatic.

I will remember to get the illegal bike out more often this summer, I
think! And now, an ice-cream.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc | http://www.nohelmetlaw.org.uk/

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Newsgroup may contain nuts.
Old May 31st 09, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=15604&st=40

On Sun, 31 May 2009 17:04:09 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

[...]

Guy Chapman: Have you ever posted with the nym "Lou Knee"? Was it you
that madethe Lou Knee post calling another poster a "piece of sh1t"?

Why will you not answer such questions, even when they're put to you
by respected posters whose other questions you are happy to answer?

How did you post as Lou Knee when that involved replying to someone
who you've frequently claimed to have "killfiled"? Did you lie about
having killfiled them and others? Why would you do that?

You claim to be a Christian. Isn't this conduct, and the lies that
accompany it, in conflict with what Christianity claims to promote?
Isn't most of your other conduct towards those with whom you purport
to disagree also in conflict with what Christianity claims to promote?

Thanks in advance for your thorough and truthful answers.
Old May 31st 09, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.net.news.config
jms

On Sun, 31 May 2009 17:04:09 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

snip

I will remember to get the illegal bike out more often this summer, I
think! And now, an ice-cream.

Guy

Has anyone ever told you that you may be mentally unstable.

What precisely do you think the point is of starting a thread called
"The pleasures of illegal cycling" ?

Perhaps to get the "trolls" to respond to you?

I would strongly object to this person being a moderator in the
proposed group; however it is an excellent example of why the
moderated group is needed.

Old June 1st 09, 12:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On May 31, 5:04*pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:
I had completely forgotten the pleasures of illegal cycling! *

I must get my illegal machine out again. I seem to spend all my time
skating these days. You've reminded me what fun it is, so I'll pull it
out of the garage once more and have some fun.
Thanks
PhilO
Old June 1st 09, 12:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.net.news.config
PhilO

On May 31, 10:35*pm, jms wrote:
What precisely do you think the point is of starting a thread called
"The pleasures of illegal cycling" ?

It is a reference to a class of cycles which are stupidly strictly not
legal. As you don't have one, you needn't worry about it. Some things
that are of no relevance to you will not be very meaningful - accept
it. Or take the time to find out more and enjoy the best kind of
cycling.
PhilO

Old June 1st 09, 12:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.net.news.config
Nuxx Bar

On Jun 1, 12:19*am, PhilO wrote:
On May 31, 10:35*pm, jms wrote: What precisely do you think the point is of starting a thread called
"The pleasures of illegal cycling" ?

It is a reference to a class of cycles which are stupidly strictly not
legal. As you don't have one, you needn't worry about it. Some things
that are of no relevance to you will not be very meaningful - accept
it. Or take the time to find out more and enjoy the best kind of
cycling.
PhilO

Interesting: which class is that? Also interesting that Chapman is so
sanctimonious about others breaking the law, yet he still breaks the
law himself when he decides that the law is "stupid". Yet again, he
is shown to be a hypocrite of the worst kind.
Old June 1st 09, 12:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.net.news.config
Steve Firth

jms wrote:

Has anyone ever told you that you may be mentally unstable.

I get the feeling that you may be rather used to people telling you that
you are mentally unstable. For example why would you start a crosspost
to unnc of this thread, other than possibly a desire to invalidate any
discussion you subsequently take part in?

There was no need for this crosspost. It serves no useful purpose. It
will not adversely affect Chapman's candidacy as a moderator, it will
adversely affect your prospects. It will also ensure that fewer people
will take you seriously when it comes to a vote.

I can only assume that you are either trolling or, as has been suggested
previously, that you have some form of mental incapacity.
Old June 1st 09, 06:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller

On Sun, 31 May 2009 16:04:41 -0700, PhilO wrote:

On May 31, 5:04Â*pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:
I had completely forgotten the pleasures of illegal cycling!

I must get my illegal machine out again. I seem to spend all my time
skating these days. You've reminded me what fun it is, so I'll pull it
out of the garage once more and have some fun. Thanks
PhilO

I bicycled illegally for some time.
However I could not put up with the sactimonious hassling I got from the
constabulary, or even worse from the self-righteous nannies in their
SUV's who made comments about my lack of something as they whizzed past
(usually too close)
So I got myself an exemption from the requirement to wear a "Safety
Helmet"

Peter

--
The Kiwi is very aptly New Zealand's national emblem.
It is a bird which cannot fly.
Old June 1st 09, 06:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James[_5_]

wrote:
I had completely forgotten the pleasures of illegal cycling!

I must get my illegal machine out again. I seem to spend all my time
skating these days. You've reminded me what fun it is, so I'll pull it
out of the garage once more and have some fun. Thanks
PhilO

I bicycled illegally for some time.
However I could not put up with the sactimonious hassling I got from the
constabulary, or even worse from the self-righteous nannies in their
SUV's who made comments about my lack of something as they whizzed past
(usually too close)
So I got myself an exemption from the requirement to wear a "Safety
Helmet"

I cycle illegally most days. The policemen seem friendly enough. I've
had two busybodies try to tell me off, the last was waving a fist out
of the window while simultaneously holding a phone and steering with
the other one, at the same time as overtaking on a blind bend on a
narrow road.

I gave his advice the consideration it deserved.

James
Old June 1st 09, 08:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Sun, 31 May 2009 22:43:39 -0700 (PDT), James
wrote:

On Jun 1, 2:16*pm, Peter Keller wrote:
I bicycled illegally for some time.
However I could not put up with the sactimonious hassling I got from the
constabulary

I cycle illegally most days. The policemen seem friendly enough.

Thank you James and Peter for reminding me of one of the few pieces of
(more or less) unregulated freedom we have in the UK. The UCI might
think my bike is illegal, but Plod don't, and long may it so remain.
I'd forgotten about the illegal tandems in Japan. That really is
bloody silly. I wonder what they'd have made of our Me'n'U2?

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc | http://www.nohelmetlaw.org.uk/

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Newsgroup may contain nuts.

Enough room but illegal. Simon Mason UK 97 April 23rd 09 11:25 PM
Illegal iPod While Cycling? DC1999 General 39 August 23rd 06 07:10 AM
Dirty pleasures in Snowy Melbourne Jules Australia 5 August 11th 05 01:23 AM
Simple pleasures BB Mountain Biking 4 May 31st 04 11:12 PM
Is listening to a radio while cycling illegal? Just zis Guy, you know? UK 30 August 30th 03 11:50 AM