Reinventing the wheel

Old December 6th 13, 08:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Reinventing the wheel

This Copenhagen Wheel is starting to look like more than vaporware.

http://cleantechnica.com/2013/12/06/...goes-sale-700/

I'll be interested in independent tests and reviews.

- Frank Krygowski
Old December 6th 13, 08:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Friday, December 6, 2013 3:06:50 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
This Copenhagen Wheel is starting to look like more than vaporware.

http://cleantechnica.com/2013/12/06/...goes-sale-700/

I'll be interested in independent tests and reviews.

- Frank Krygowski

I wonder how much drag it has when not being used to help propel the bicycle?

Cheers
Old December 6th 13, 10:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 12/6/2013 2:06 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
This Copenhagen Wheel is starting to look like more than vaporware.

http://cleantechnica.com/2013/12/06/...goes-sale-700/

I'll be interested in independent tests and reviews.

- Frank Krygowski

meh.

You can get a real moped for less:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/mcy/4214921722.html

Or even an actual bicycle.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old December 6th 13, 10:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 12/6/2013 2:15 PM, AMuzi wrote:

You can get a real moped for less:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/mcy/4214921722.html

Or even an actual bicycle.

The Copenhagen wheel is going to cost around $500-700. The original
company says $700 but there's already a licensee that's saying they'll
charge $500. Currie is charging $1000 for the version they're
distributing
http://www.currietech.com/Electron_Wheel_Press_Release.pdf and
apparently it started shipping last month.

I can't imagine anyone actually buying such a thing when you can get a
complete electric bicycle, with a Li-Ion battery, for under $1000.

Now that hydrogen fuel cells are coming down in price they would be a
better choice than Li-Ion batteries.
Old December 6th 13, 11:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Friday, December 6, 2013, Frank Krygowski wrote:
This Copenhagen Wheel is starting to look like more than vaporware.

http://cleantechnica.com/2013/12/06/...goes-sale-700/

I'll be interested in independent tests and reviews.

- Frank Krygowski

I wonder how much drag it has when not being used to help propel the bicycle?

Even when propelling there's that issue.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=151_1386280417

Oh, and see how the guy with the flashing light is SO much safer?!
SCNR.
Old December 6th 13, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 12/6/2013 3:04 PM, Sepp Ruf wrote:

snip

SCNR.

You should try, since it only serves to weaken your position.

Old December 7th 13, 12:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

road test ?

https://www.google.com/#q=road+test+...strian+bicycle
Old December 7th 13, 12:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, December 6, 2013 7:27:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:
road test ?

https://www.google.com/#q=road+test+...strian+bicycle

? I gotta buy a waterproof Iplod ?
Old December 7th 13, 12:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

WELL, YOU KNOW fORD ? test test test..... off to the car wash with our generic spokes...

in the position of total unconnectedness ceptin' the announcement..

I have the impression MIT/Boston/NE/Silicon V stood at the chasm's brink while the multitide's dithered endlessly about doing the CWheel...'like' the CWheel in Goopage goes back to 2009...th discussion prob lurks in PM near the COMMUTE TO WORK IN YOUR AUTOPLANE.or with Edison/Ford down the street.

view Redbrain's video....'like' Dude its Apple again....

how could it not work Andy ? not enough boozers ?

Old December 7th 13, 01:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 6 Dec 2013 12:06:50 -0800 (PST), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

This Copenhagen Wheel is starting to look like more than vaporware.

http://cleantechnica.com/2013/12/06/...goes-sale-700/

I'll be interested in independent tests and reviews.

- Frank Krygowski

Independent reviews have shown that:

Corporate accounts reveal that the device has a potential sales price
of ~$700 and costs, FOB Shanghai, CNY 179.70.

Management has decided that as a marketing campaign some $10,000 of
magazine advertisement will be purchased in carefully selected
bicycling media.

But sadly no foaming chain oil is mentioned :-(
--
Cheers,

John B.