Shimano 10 speed shifter/cassette with 9 speed derailleur?

Old December 8th 13, 03:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Gordon

Default Shimano 10 speed shifter/cassette with 9 speed derailleur?

Please forgive if this is a common question but I could not find the answer elsewhere.

I have an Ultegra 6500 rear derailleur that I want to use with Shimano 10 speed bar end shifting.

Can this work?

If so, is there anything unusual I have to do to make it work?

THANKS!

Mark Gordon
Old December 8th 13, 06:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Sunday, December 8, 2013 10:07:45 AM UTC-5, Mark Gordon wrote:
Please forgive if this is a common question but I could not find the answer elsewhere.

I have an Ultegra 6500 rear derailleur that I want to use with Shimano 10 speed bar end shifting.

Can this work?

If so, is there anything unusual I have to do to make it work?

THANKS!

Mark Gordon

Yes, it'll work.

No, nothing special to do to make it work.

Cheers
Old December 8th 13, 07:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 12/8/2013 9:07 AM, Mark Gordon wrote:
Please forgive if this is a common question but I could not find the answer elsewhere.

I have an Ultegra 6500 rear derailleur that I want to use with Shimano 10 speed bar end shifting.

Can this work?

If so, is there anything unusual I have to do to make it work?

THANKS!

Mark Gordon

Nothing unusual; a Ten cassette and chain, normal rigor on
cable/casing/setup assuming nothing's worn or damaged.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/