Red lights and bike lanes...

Old September 1st 17, 03:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Red lights and bike lanes...

Chicago this morning - Red light for cyclists means "stop," not play Frogger with pedestrians. And for this thread, bike lanes are for bikes, not for parking when you need to pay bills. Was I too much of a jerk?
https://youtu.be/ENaELKjVoRQ
Old September 1st 17, 06:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, September 1, 2017 at 7:59:04 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Chicago this morning - Red light for cyclists means "stop," not play Frogger with pedestrians. And for this thread, bike lanes are for bikes, not for parking when you need to pay bills. Was I too much of a jerk?
https://youtu.be/ENaELKjVoRQ

Don't you think that it would be a great deal more effective for a cop to issue a citation rather than you be considered an ass by a driver breaking the law? This is my complaint - the cops SEE these things occurring and do nothing about it.
Old September 3rd 17, 02:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
dave[_3_]

On Fri, 01 Sep 2017 07:59:00 -0700, ernesto wrote:

Chicago this morning - Red light for cyclists means "stop," not play
Frogger with pedestrians. And for this thread, bike lanes are for bikes,
not for parking when you need to pay bills. Was I too much of a jerk?
https://youtu.be/ENaELKjVoRQ

Yes. You could have just gone past on the right. You really can't cure
people of being an arsehole but there really is no mileage in joining in
with the arseholery by deliberately riding up the inside and starting an
argument.

--
davethedave
Old September 3rd 17, 07:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 9/3/2017 8:08 AM, dave wrote:
On Fri, 01 Sep 2017 07:59:00 -0700, ernesto wrote:

Chicago this morning - Red light for cyclists means "stop," not play
Frogger with pedestrians. And for this thread, bike lanes are for bikes,
not for parking when you need to pay bills. Was I too much of a jerk?
https://youtu.be/ENaELKjVoRQ

Yes. You could have just gone past on the right. You really can't cure
people of being an arsehole but there really is no mileage in joining in
with the arseholery by deliberately riding up the inside and starting an
argument.

Yep. A quick search of 'road rage shots fired' might be
educational.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/