To cycle is to live dangerously...[

Old October 25th 17, 03:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default To cycle is to live dangerously...[

On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 1:10:07 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 5:45:41 AM UTC+1, Doug Landau wrote:
Quick, name a bright blue food source

Easy. Just ask any seven year old:

http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...st/CHEBLU1.JPG

Smarties, a crispy-covered chocolate button available at every grocery store.

I keep forgetting that I'm the only one here under 70

Draw me a diagram, Doug, of the route between blue Smarties and being under 70. Thanks.

Andre Jute
WTF did I say now?

"Smarties were first introduced in 1937, and nearly 17,000 are eaten in the UK every minute."

Blue smarties were introduced in 1989, pulled in 2006, and reintroduced with different dye in 2008, 70 years after they were introduced.

That's the best I can do. Oh and red smarties are no longer made from female beetles. And all smarties are oblate spheroids.

https://www.google.com/search?q=coch...w=1242&bih=671

Old October 25th 17, 03:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 7:45:12 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
[...]

Remember this, Andre?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxQcZOi7Hx0
Old October 25th 17, 05:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

[...]

Eww, eww, eww, eww! My eyes, my eyes!
Old October 26th 17, 12:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 3:50:07 PM UTC+1, Doug Landau wrote:

"Smarties were first introduced in 1937, and nearly 17,000 are eaten in the UK every minute."

Blue smarties were introduced in 1989, pulled in 2006, and reintroduced with different dye in 2008, 70 years after they were introduced.

That's the best I can do. Oh and red smarties are no longer made from female beetles. And all smarties are oblate spheroids.

https://www.google.com/search?q=coch...w=1242&bih=671

Remember this, Andre?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxQcZOi7Hx0

I bags Master Landau as my Trivia partner!

Try this for a novelty song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW0OMNsClpw
In a school holiday I worked that tour with Jim Reeves and John D Loudermilk, as the most junior assistant stage manager ("A gofer with a title," I said to tour boss hiring me and, showing great promise as a future big spender, asked, "What my expense account like?"). Mr Loudermilk, hearing that I was a published poet, was kind to me, and much of what I knew about writing advertising I learned from just listening to him and having him red-pencil the intros and jokes he let me write. Whenever my agency recorded in Nashville in later years, the guitarist of choice on our jingles was John D.

Here he's singing my favorite among his songs:
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...d+loud ermilk

And a Number One hit from back in the oobie-doobie-doo days:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQMJ...D17AC31C965767

Good heavens. Youtube has plenty more. And I thought he was forgotten -- mmm, I went from there to black church music (a chum who was a scout for a record company and I used to fly all around the South in my company plane and go to church several times on Sunday) and thence to the opera and then serious chamber music, so maybe I just wasn't paying attention to teenybopper music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14R7HpAVUh4

AJ
Lollygobbleblissbombs
Old October 26th 17, 01:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 4:23:29 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

I get your point. But careful with the 'good heavens'... there is already way too much of that around here.
Old October 26th 17, 10:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 4:27:05 AM UTC+1, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 05:26:43 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Quick, name a bright blue food source

"Blue Foods"
https://www.google.com/search?q=blue+foods&tbm=isch

"Blue, purple and indigo foods"
https://sacredmedicinals.org/2012/06/27/blue-purple-and-indigo-foods-fyi/blue-purple-and-indigo-foods/

"Pepsi Blue"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepsi_Blue

"Blue Buffalo Dog and Cat food"
https://bluebuffalo.com

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

After you've eaten chocolate-covered ants, offered as a delicacy in Japan, that lot could seem like delicacies.

Andre Jute
Gotta draw the line somewhere
Old October 27th 17, 04:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 14:53:28 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
wrote:

On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 4:27:05 AM UTC+1, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 05:26:43 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Quick, name a bright blue food source

"Blue Foods"
https://www.google.com/search?q=blue+foods&tbm=isch

"Blue, purple and indigo foods"
https://sacredmedicinals.org/2012/06/27/blue-purple-and-indigo-foods-fyi/blue-purple-and-indigo-foods/

"Pepsi Blue"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepsi_Blue

"Blue Buffalo Dog and Cat food"
https://bluebuffalo.com

After you've eaten chocolate-covered ants, offered as a delicacy in Japan, that lot could seem like delicacies.

I can't find any chocolate covered ants locally, but we do have
chocolate covered crickets and dry roasted mealworms:
https://www.donbugito.com/products/dark-chocolate-covered-crickets
https://www.donbugito.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upiR5ZE7vY8

Mo
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkUFQm9t2lDWVOKd3cst0tE69b75ckEDh
https://www.edibleinsects.com

The catch is that they're expensive. For example, chocolate covered
crickets are $40/lb.
https://www.edibleinsects.com/entomophagy/chocolate-crickets/

Andre Jute
Gotta draw the line somewhere

Done______________________________________________ ________________

Actually, I drew the line on eating live mealworms. I couldn't do it.

Old October 27th 17, 06:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

File under the heading of, "Close your eyes, lie back and think of England."

Andre Jute
And don't let on that you don't believe Churchill said that
Old October 27th 17, 07:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

wrote:
[...]

As the collective wisdom of the internet suggests, that's from the
advice traditionally given to newly married wives when faced with the
prospect of having sex with her husband. Thinking of England is
suppose to inspire her to have many children that would be of benefit
to the country. I have no such lofty goals and find it difficult to
be distracted from the challenge of devouring squirming worms. I
tried live mealworm twice. The second time, it started to taste quite
good. But when I attempted to swallow, my stomach announced its
displeasure with my culinary selection and revolted with appropriate
gastronomical violence. I might try it again. However, dry roasted
mealworm is reputed to taste better than live mealworm, so I'll stick
to dry roasted, even though it's substantially more expensive.

Andre Jute
And don't let on that you don't believe Churchill said that

Since Google search found no evidence of such an utterance, I'm
compelled to believer that he did not day it. If it can't be found by
Google, it doesn't exist.