CCTV shows boy, 4, mown down by cyclist

Old November 4th 17, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default CCTV shows boy, 4, mown down by cyclist

Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, November 3, 2017 at 7:22:11 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
doug wrote:
Obviously the child's fault.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-41842047

27 weeks in jail

Seems rather harsh when, for the same offence, a motorist would get a
£60 fine at most.
And that would be if the 'it was just a momentary lapse of
concentration' or the 'I pay rudetax' defences failed.

It only seems harsh to you as you are a scum cyclist who expects to be above
the law.
Things are changing for the better. Scum like you can now expect to be
locked up.

Old November 4th 17, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

wrote:
doug wrote:
Obviously the child's fault.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-41842047

27 weeks in jail

Seems rather harsh when, for the same offence, a motorist would get a
£60 fine at most.
And that would be if the 'it was just a momentary lapse of
concentration' or the 'I pay rudetax' defences failed.

It only seems harsh to you as you are a scum cyclist who expects to be above
the law.

So we should get rid of the 10%+2mph leeway on speed limits?

Things are changing for the better.

Indeed they are, more people are cycling.

Old November 4th 17, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:
doug wrote:
Obviously the child's fault.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-41842047

27 weeks in jail

Seems rather harsh when, for the same offence, a motorist would get
a £60 fine at most.
And that would be if the 'it was just a momentary lapse of
concentration' or the 'I pay rudetax' defences failed.

It only seems harsh to you as you are a scum cyclist who expects to
be above the law.

So we should get rid of the 10%+2mph leeway on speed limits?

Dunno and don't care. I keep to the speed limit. It is very easy to do this.

Things are changing for the better.

Indeed they are, more people are cycling.

And being prosecuted for breaking the law.

Old November 4th 17, 11:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Parry

On Sat, 4 Nov 2017 13:34:27 -0700 (PDT), Simon Jester
wrote:

Indeed they are, more people are cycling.

More MAMILsS are about but the numbers of utility cyclists and
children cycling continues to decline.

Old November 5th 17, 12:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

wrote:
doug wrote:
Obviously the child's fault.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-41842047

27 weeks in jail

Seems rather harsh when, for the same offence, a motorist would get
a £60 fine at most.
And that would be if the 'it was just a momentary lapse of
concentration' or the 'I pay rudetax' defences failed.

It only seems harsh to you as you are a scum cyclist who expects to
be above the law.

So we should get rid of the 10%+2mph leeway on speed limits?

Dunno and don't care. I keep to the speed limit. It is very easy to do this.

Things are changing for the better.

Indeed they are, more people are cycling.

And being prosecuted for breaking the law.

So you agree, more cyclists is better.
Thanks for your support.
Old November 5th 17, 01:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:
doug wrote:
Obviously the child's fault.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-41842047

27 weeks in jail

Seems rather harsh when, for the same offence, a motorist would
get a £60 fine at most.
And that would be if the 'it was just a momentary lapse of
concentration' or the 'I pay rudetax' defences failed.

It only seems harsh to you as you are a scum cyclist who expects to
be above the law.

So we should get rid of the 10%+2mph leeway on speed limits?

Dunno and don't care. I keep to the speed limit. It is very easy to
do this.

Things are changing for the better.

Indeed they are, more people are cycling.

And being prosecuted for breaking the law.

So you agree, more cyclists is better.
Thanks for your support.

I would not offer my shoulder to support the coffin containing a cyclist.

Old November 5th 17, 01:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

wrote:
doug wrote:
[...]

That's OK, I am an agnostic atheist.

Old November 5th 17, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/11/2017 16:08, Peter Parry wrote:
On Sat, 4 Nov 2017 07:43:03 -0700 (PDT), Simon Jester
wrote:

Seems rather harsh when, for the same offence, a motorist would get a £60 fine at most.

For driving through a pedestrian only shopping area and running
someone down in the process? Seems unlikely.

Especially if he (or she) had been warned after committing the same
offence (minus the GBH) a day earlier.

But the rules don't apply to cyclists.
Old November 5th 17, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Christie[_3_]

JNugent wrote:

On 04/11/2017 16:08, Peter Parry wrote:
On Sat, 4 Nov 2017 07:43:03 -0700 (PDT), Simon Jester
wrote:

Seems rather harsh when, for the same offence, a motorist would get a A?60 fine at most.

For driving through a pedestrian only shopping area and running
someone down in the process? Seems unlikely.

Especially if he (or she)...

It was a 'he'. The link provided says: "The cyclist, a 21-year-old man
from Stoke-on-Trent, pleaded guilty last month to causing bodily harm
by wilful misconduct when driving and was sentenced to 27 weeks in
prison."

For 'driving' read 'cycling', presumably.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-41842047

Old November 5th 17, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Simon Jester wrote:

Seems rather harsh when, for the same offence, a motorist would get a A?60 fine at most.

For driving through a pedestrian only shopping area and running
someone down in the process? Seems unlikely.

Especially if he (or she)...

[...had been warned about the offence after committing it the previous day.]

It was a 'he'. The link provided says: "The cyclist, a 21-year-old man
from Stoke-on-Trent, pleaded guilty last month to causing bodily harm
by wilful misconduct when driving and was sentenced to 27 weeks in
prison."

For 'driving' read 'cycling', presumably.

Yes, that was made clear in the reporting of the Alliston case. It
wasn't really in doubt before that, though.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-41842047