Size and Type of Bianchi Axis BB

Old July 11th 05, 12:30 AM
zteam

Default Size and Type of Bianchi Axis BB

What is the size ( spindle length ) for a 2001 Bianchi Axis?

The chainline is very poor on the bike and it looks like a narrower BB would
fix that, but I don't know what is on there now and I don't want to take
everything apart to see what is there until it's time to install a new BB.

Also is it an English thread BB?

Old July 11th 05, 05:09 AM
JeffWills

zteam wrote:
What is the size ( spindle length ) for a 2001 Bianchi Axis?

The chainline is very poor on the bike and it looks like a narrower BB would
fix that, but I don't know what is on there now and I don't want to take
everything apart to see what is there until it's time to install a new BB.

Also is it an English thread BB?

My 1999 Bianchi Alloro is English thread, so I assume yours is also.

If the chainline appears to be off and all the parts are stock, make
sure the frame is aligned properly. If the bike was ever left
unattended for some time, it's possible some cretin vandalized the
bike.

Jeff

Cycling and vegetarianism Preston Crawford General 434 September 25th 04 09:38 PM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
Q. Will I benefit from different tire size or type? Joe Samangitak Social Issues 16 August 8th 03 03:38 AM
Q. Will I benefit from different tire size or type? Joe Samangitak Techniques 19 August 8th 03 03:38 AM
Q. Will I benefit from different tire size or type? Joe Samangitak UK 16 August 8th 03 03:38 AM