Collision

Old April 28th 08, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ekul Namsob

Default Collision

I've had my post-turbo training shower interrupted by my wife ringing to
tell me that she's been knocked off her bike. She claims to be fine but
has been dispatched to hospital to be ticked off for not wearing a
helmet and to have her arm and head examined.

The police have dropped off her bike: the rear wheel, the one with the
Nexus hub, is clearly knackered.

As my daughter's in bed, I now face a few hours waiting for SWMBO to
return from hospital.

Luke

exile in Lancashire http://www.shrimper.org.uk
Old April 28th 08, 11:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jeff[_6_]

Ekul Namsob wrote:
I've had my post-turbo training shower interrupted by my wife ringing to
tell me that she's been knocked off her bike. She claims to be fine but
has been dispatched to hospital to be ticked off for not wearing a
helmet and to have her arm and head examined.

The police have dropped off her bike: the rear wheel, the one with the
Nexus hub, is clearly knackered.

As my daughter's in bed, I now face a few hours waiting for SWMBO to
return from hospital.

Luke

Sorry to hear the news. Please let us know how things go.

Glad to hear the police were sufficiently involved to drop the back
back, although that tends to lead me to believe that the injuries were
significant.
Old April 30th 08, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Smith

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:38:41 -0500, Jeff wrote:

From what I've seen and heard, the police tend not to be
interested in bicycle accidents unless someone is badly hurt. The
fact that the police attended the incident (and, hence, were able
to return the bicycle), to me, signaled that the injuries were
likely significant.

Police attended when I was deliberately run off the road. It was
after the event that the couldn't be arsed to do anything about it.

They'll probably attend to make sure the traffic is not held up
unnecessarily. They don't like motor traffic to be delayed.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
Old May 2nd 08, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin Dann

Ian Smith wrote:
On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:38:41 -0500, Jeff wrote:

From what I've seen and heard, the police tend not to be
interested in bicycle accidents unless someone is badly hurt. The
fact that the police attended the incident (and, hence, were able
to return the bicycle), to me, signaled that the injuries were
likely significant.

Police attended when I was deliberately run off the road. It was
after the event that the couldn't be arsed to do anything about it.

They'll probably attend to make sure the traffic is not held up
unnecessarily. They don't like motor traffic to be delayed.

There was an interview with a top copper a while back, and he claimed
that he liked traffic to be held up after serious RTAs, so that people
would take note, and hopefully drive more carefully. He said he hates it
when there has been a serious RTA, and the local radio stations tell
motorists to avoid the area.

Martin.

recumbant and i avoid collision ilaboo[_2_] General 12 January 11th 08 01:52 AM
Rider dies in car collision [email protected] General 15 June 9th 07 01:12 AM
Another bike in collision with a car... wafflycat UK 34 December 31st 05 04:50 AM
My first collision Alan J. Wylie UK 26 April 15th 05 07:44 AM
In collision with... Just zis Guy, you know? UK 22 August 3rd 03 05:08 PM