Sick thugs pour oil on popular cycle track

Old August 10th 20, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Sick thugs pour oil on popular cycle track

Sick vandals at work against cyclists.
QUOTE:
Posting on a local Facebook group before sending this image to road.cc, the cyclist spotted the oil along the popular Two Tunnels Greenway route in Bath, speculating that it is likely the deliberate work of a saboteur who is attempting to make a warped point about cyclists speed along the route. He also claimed to have spotted a similar oil patch last week, adding:

“What they need to remember is that this path is used by everyone, including kids and the elderly. It’s now very slippery, potentially very dangerous, and will also be polluting the area once the rain comes.

Numerous people replied to say they have reported the issue to the council and to Sustrans, who maintain the route. Another commented: "It's not just a danger to the cyclists, it's an environmental problem as well. As soon as it rains it's going to flow into the surrounding area. This is so pointless and dangerous to a lot of people including children, I'm not a cyclist but I would never dream of doing such a malicious, deliberate act. I hope the police do something."

https://cdn.road.cc/sites/default/fi...n-godridge.jpg

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling...st-2020-276319
Old August 10th 20, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 10/08/2020 15:02, Simon Mason wrote:

Sick vandals at work against cyclists.
QUOTE:
Posting on a local Facebook group before sending this image to road.cc, the cyclist spotted the oil along the popular Two Tunnels Greenway route in Bath, speculating that it is likely the deliberate work of a saboteur who is attempting to make a warped point about cyclists speed along the route.

What makes you think it wasn't a cyclist, emptying waste-oil from a
container hidden in his rucksack and with no more motivation than simply
not wanting to pay the environmental charge for disposing of it properly?