Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

Old December 10th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JesseG

Default Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

"Why is it that UDC runs out of all these parts just before I finally
get around to buying them? --nimblelight"
__________________

Tell me about it. They sold THREE (to a store) right out from under me
while they knew I was IN THE MIDDLE of placing an order for ONE.
Needless to say, when we started placing the order BY PHONE, they still
had three to sell us. They blamed it on REI because REI was not familiar
with their ordering policies and was, in fact, taking a long time. They
literally told me to be angry at REI to get REI up to speed with their
policies. Is that a good use of a customer?

Anyway, I'm sure I'll get over it. In about 15 years. In the meantime,
it was a pleasure to get a Wallis Base instead of their Gemcrest Base.

Thx for listening,
Jesse

--
JesseG

Old December 29th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
colin340

I just got my seat and getting ready to to drill it, in the notes
('here' (http://www.einradladen.net/shop/faq_...platte_en.pdf)) it
says "Sometimes base edges need fileing to fit the handles on"

On my seat when i position the handle on the seat there is a big gap
(about .2in) between the bottom of the seat and the cf base. Should i
file the front of the seat down till there in contact??

thanks
-colin

--
colin340
Old December 29th 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
colin340

Heres a picture of what i mean

|Filename: IMG_0752.jpg |

colin340
Old December 29th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
madmattunipro

It would be easier to know what you should do if you could tell us
exactly what's making it ride up... Is it just that they aren't curved
the same or is there a particular spot they are contacting before they
come completely together?

Personally I would prefer to modify the plastic before the carbon
fiber, unless you just need to remove a bit on the edge. Plastic can be
sanded fairly easily, or ground out using a dremel style tool.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca