Stripped threads on gear lever assembly now fixed

Old June 12th 10, 10:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Stripped threads on gear lever assembly now fixed

Thanks to all who responded to my previous post about the above on my
road bike.

The problem is now fixed.

I took it to Mick's mate's workshop and it took about 3 mins to fix.
Basically, he drilled the hole out a tiny bit bigger and re-tapped it to
a different thread and used a bolt which fitted thru the same hole as
there was some room there. Simple as that. Things are easy when there
are lots of tools and spare bits around.

I think I will need to make sure that the frame does not act as a
sacrificial anode but at least the main problem is now out of the way.

Thanks again to all who have so kindly offered their assistance.

Carbon Assembly Paste on Threads? David White[_2_] Techniques 3 June 9th 08 01:28 AM
Stripped Miyata hub threads john_childs Unicycling 28 June 16th 06 04:57 PM
stripped threads davek UK 18 September 5th 05 10:54 AM
Stripped BB shell threads - options? Kyle.B.H. Techniques 67 January 16th 05 12:18 AM
Stripped BB threads peter.kidwell Techniques 29 October 31st 04 11:01 PM