folding bike

Old June 12th 10, 11:02 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Default folding bike

I have sometimes considered a folding bike for trips where I wanted a
bike at the end of it.

But... they are all uprights! or else just a standard bike with S&S
coupling which still can't easily be packed.

But check this, it's just about Brompton-like in the packaging:

http://www.recumbentblog.com/2010/04...-folding-bike/

pity it's a lowracer and so not something I want to take in traffic.

Zebee
Old June 13th 10, 09:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 13/06/2010 8:02 AM, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
I have sometimes considered a folding bike for trips where I wanted a
bike at the end of it.

But... they are all uprights! or else just a standard bike with S&S
coupling which still can't easily be packed.

But check this, it's just about Brompton-like in the packaging:

http://www.recumbentblog.com/2010/04...-folding-bike/

pity it's a lowracer and so not something I want to take in traffic.

Man, that is one funky bike and it didn't even look like he was pushing
to fold it or unfold it. Looks well engineered as well.
Old June 13th 10, 10:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Sun, 13 Jun 2010 18:19:29 +1000
Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:
On 13/06/2010 8:02 AM, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
I have sometimes considered a folding bike for trips where I wanted a
bike at the end of it.

But... they are all uprights! or else just a standard bike with S&S
coupling which still can't easily be packed.

But check this, it's just about Brompton-like in the packaging:

http://www.recumbentblog.com/2010/04...-folding-bike/

pity it's a lowracer and so not something I want to take in traffic.

Man, that is one funky bike and it didn't even look like he was pushing
to fold it or unfold it. Looks well engineered as well.

I think it's a one off, with the idea that Optima might want to
produce it.

I hope they do, I might even overcome my dislike of low racers and
praying hamster bars...

Zebee
Old June 14th 10, 05:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Geoff Lockglock@home wrote:
On 13/06/2010 8:02 AM, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

But check this, it's just about Brompton-like in the packaging:

http://www.recumbentblog.com/2010/04...-folding-bike/

pity it's a lowracer and so not something I want to take in traffic.

Man, that is one funky bike and it didn't even look like he was pushing
to fold it or unfold it. Looks well engineered as well.

I think it's a one off, with the idea that Optima might want to
produce it.

I hope they do, I might even overcome my dislike of low racers and
praying hamster bars...

It was a one-off? Damn, That looked like really good work and the
swivel(?) joints and locking mechanisms seemed really really top notch
work - production quality!
Old June 14th 10, 05:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Mon, 14 Jun 2010 14:23:16 +1000
Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:
On 13/06/2010 7:12 PM, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

I think it's a one off, with the idea that Optima might want to
produce it.

I hope they do, I might even overcome my dislike of low racers and
praying hamster bars...

It was a one-off? Damn, That looked like really good work and the
swivel(?) joints and locking mechanisms seemed really really top notch
work - production quality!

It's not on the Optima site, and that blog site's the only place that seems
to know about it.

That would be such a cool commuter between suburban stations. Say
work is 50km from home but it's 5km from your place to the station and
5km from the nearest station to work. Ride in, fold up, train ride,
unfold, ride. Sling your backpack over the seatback when riding.

Or put it in a bikebag on the plane. Be *so* tempting to ride it from
the carousel along the concourse....

Zebee
Old June 14th 10, 06:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Geoff Lockglock@home wrote:
On 13/06/2010 7:12 PM, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

I think it's a one off, with the idea that Optima might want to
produce it.

It's not on the Optima site, and that blog site's the only place that seems
to know about it.

A prototype, eh?

That would be such a cool commuter between suburban stations. Say
work is 50km from home but it's 5km from your place to the station and
5km from the nearest station to work. Ride in, fold up, train ride,
unfold, ride. Sling your backpack over the seatback when riding.

It does sound handy from that perspective. It didn't seem to take up
much more room than a wheelie suitcase.

Or put it in a bikebag on the plane. Be *so* tempting to ride it from
the carousel along the concourse....

Heheheh, trust you to think of that, Zeebee You'll need to make sure
your bell/horn is working
Old June 16th 10, 11:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble[_3_]

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

I have sometimes considered a folding bike for trips where I wanted a
bike at the end of it.

But... they are all uprights! or else just a standard bike with S&S
coupling which still can't easily be packed.

But check this, it's just about Brompton-like in the packaging:

http://fat.ly/z2dnt

pity it's a lowracer and so not something I want to take in traffic.

"There's just no pleasing some people."

"Yes sir, that's what Jesus said, sir."

BTH

Posted at www.usenet.com.au