Levi, what have you done for us lately?

Old June 16th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Levi, what have you done for us lately?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...n06/jun16news2

"Gerolsteiner names TdF squad

Levi Leipheimer and Georg Totschnig will lead Team Gerolsteiner in the
Tour de France again this year, the team announced today. "We will do
everything we can to support Levi Leipheimer and Georg Totschnig in
their attempt to get on the podium at the Tour de France," said team
manager Hans-Michael Holczer. 'After the team's performance at the
Dauphine Libéré and the Tour de Suisse, Christian Henn and I came to
the decision that we would send a strong climbing team to the Tour de
France.'"

Yesterday:
26 Georg Totschnig (Aut) Gerolsteiner
@ 6.09

No. Confidence.

That said, Georg probly has a better chance of winning a TdF stage than
Levi has of winning either a stage or GC.

Old June 17th 06, 10:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Hunter wrote:
Yesterday:
26 Georg Totschnig (Aut) Gerolsteiner
@ 6.09

No. Confidence.

That said, Georg probly has a better chance of winning a TdF stage than
Levi has of winning either a stage or GC.

First off: Levi wont win the TdF and Totschnig will do well if he gets
top 10.

Yet you make the classic mistake wich a lot of people make around he
They figure that a pro has to be good in every race.

Ullrich is testing himself and will maybe win the TdS. He will probably
do good in the TdF (podium). BUT that doesn't say Tottschnig
training/preparation calls for a strong TdS. It could be that Totschnig
is really in bad shape, but it might as well be that his trainer wants
him to do some more extensive efforts and doesn't want him to dig to
deep. (Basso is obviously saving strength.. so why would it be bad for
Georg?)

Poor Levi ... upstaged by Lance yet again psycholist Racing 2 August 24th 05 03:27 AM
MG to sponsor Levi Leipheimer DepartFictif Racing 5 August 19th 05 05:33 AM
Levi & Odessa Claudius Vitalis Racing 1 July 26th 05 02:47 PM
Levi didn't know...? Jet Racing 17 July 26th 05 02:00 PM
Finish time set, Levi holds on. Richard Adams Racing 3 July 24th 05 05:29 PM