A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Mountain Biking
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

WHOOPS! Man Dies While Biking In Brown County State Park (IN)

Old July 30th 13, 04:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default WHOOPS! Man Dies While Biking In Brown County State Park (IN)

So much for the alleged healthfulness of mountain biking!

Mike

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/20...state-park.php

Man Dies While Biking In Brown County State Park
Updated July 29, 2013 6:32 AM

(BROWN CO.) - Indiana Conservation Officers are investigating the death of 58-year-old Phillip Hunter, of Indianapolis, who died at Brown County State Park while mountain biking.

Hunter was biking on Trail B in the park and had spoken with other bike riders just before those same riders found him unresponsive on the trail and called 911.

Indiana Conservation Officers were notified at 12:39 p.m. and Brown County Coroner Rob Ayers says Hunter was pronounced dead at the scene.

No foul play is suspected and Ayers believes Hunter died of a heart attack.
Ads
Old July 30th 13, 05:43 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike
external usenet poster

So mike do you still think Tasmania is in New Zealand? How about Mexico? isn't that part of Canada? Duhhh...,.
Old July 30th 13, 04:34 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, July 29, 2013 9:43:17 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
So mike do you still think Tasmania is in New Zealand? How about Mexico? isn't that part of Canada? Duhhh...,.

Your total lack of interest in mountain bikers' welfare is duly noted.
Old July 31st 13, 05:30 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:16:22 AM UTC+1, Mike Vandeman wrote:

Mike

(BROWN CO.) - Indiana Conservation Officers are investigating the death of 58-year-old Phillip Hunter, of Indianapolis, who died at Brown County State Park while mountain biking.

Hunter was biking on Trail B in the park and had spoken with other bike riders just before those same riders found him unresponsive on the trail and called 911.

Indiana Conservation Officers were notified at 12:39 p.m. and Brown County Coroner Rob Ayers says Hunter was pronounced dead at the scene.

0.00123 fatalities per million miles travelled. Safer than driving, safer than riding on the road and MUCH safer than doing nothing.
Old August 1st 13, 06:44 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:30:22 AM UTC-7, Blackblade wrote:
On Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:16:22 AM UTC+1, Mike Vandeman wrote:

Mike

0.00123 fatalities per million miles travelled. Safer than driving, safer than riding on the road and MUCH safer than doing nothing.

You just fabricated that number, LIAR. The clue is the total lack of scientific citation.
Old August 1st 13, 09:28 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade
external usenet poster

You just fabricated that number, LIAR. The clue is the total lack of scientific citation.

No Mike, I CALCULATED it ... in a thread in which you participated. To help your failing memory here's the link https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....g/0KXsYu_iyJ8J.

And, for someone who cites references back to his own website I think you're on a very sticky wicket.

Liar AND hypocrite ... you're doing well this week.
Old August 1st 13, 04:56 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, August 1, 2013 1:28:04 AM UTC-7, Blackblade wrote:
You just fabricated that number, LIAR. The clue is the total lack of scientific citation. No Mike, I CALCULATED it ... in a thread in which you participated. To help your failing memory here's the link https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....g/0KXsYu_iyJ8J. And, for someone who cites references back to his own website I think you're on a very sticky wicket. Liar AND hypocrite ... you're doing well this week.

Just as I thought, you FABRICATED the numbers, and failed to provide a single citation of where you got your values. No surprize there, LIAR.
Old August 1st 13, 10:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike
external usenet poster

Tell us again mike - is Australia part of New Zealand? Duhhhhh
Old August 2nd 13, 12:40 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike
external usenet poster

On Friday, August 2, 2013 3:56:58 AM UTC+12, Mike Vandeman wrote:

You just fabricated that number, LIAR. The clue is the total lack of scientific citation. No Mike, I CALCULATED it ... in a thread in which you participated. To help your failing memory here's the link https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....g/0KXsYu_iyJ8J. And, for someone who cites references back to his own website I think you're on a very sticky wicket. Liar AND hypocrite ... you're doing well this week.

Just as I thought, you FABRICATED the numbers, and failed to provide a single citation of where you got your values. No surprize there, LIAR.

And your evidence for fabricating numbers? Funny how you mention the lack of citation. You commonly reference your own work on your website or from some obscure publication written 9 years, which doesn't have any empirical evidence. Pathetic.
Old August 2nd 13, 04:51 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, August 1, 2013 4:40:57 PM UTC-7, I love Mike wrote:
On Friday, August 2, 2013 3:56:58 AM UTC+12, Mike Vandeman wrote:

And your evidence for fabricating numbers? Funny how you mention the lack of citation. You commonly reference your own work on your website or from some obscure publication written 9 years, which doesn't have any empirical evidence. Pathetic.

Your total lack of specifics gives you idiots away. You are bluffing, obviously.