Torker saddle == Miyata saddle?

Old January 12th 04, 10:47 AM
Sofa

Default Torker saddle == Miyata saddle?

Is the Torker saddle that looks like a Miyata pretty much the same
thing?

Do the same handle and bumpers fit on them?

--
Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

'Unicycle Product Reviews'
(http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/unicycleReviews.aspx)

'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
version 3.0

'when I'm at the limit of my endurance, 5% extra resistance could be
enough to stop me in my track. ' - MikeFule

Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old January 12th 04, 01:49 PM
treepotato

never had/experienced one but the Kh velo seat is the ultimate in luxury
and comfirt,

'want to travel first class at an affordable price?

travel kh'

--
treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

Old January 12th 04, 02:13 PM
U-Turn

Torker saddle == Miyata saddle?

--
U-Turn - There has got to be a better way...

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

'Unatics Website' (http://www.newyorkunicycle.com)

-- Dave Stockton

Old January 12th 04, 02:14 PM
U-Turn

Actually, I only know directly about the front handle; the rear bumper
is probably the same.

Old January 12th 04, 02:44 PM
sockmonster

Yes, the Torker Black saddle is essentially a Miyata. It has the Miyata
style H-bracket rather than the standard 4-bold pillar. Also, the
diameter of the seat post is different than the older torker saddles.
Well, at least it is on the TX....

You can put a Miyata air pillow on a Torker seat, although I hear the
big fluffy velo seats are pretty damn comfy

--
sockmonster - Level 4

Funny how in this forum, no one thinks it's weird if someone says, "I
tacoed my giraffe..."
sockmonster's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4286

Old January 13th 04, 12:22 AM
spyder

Sofa wrote:
*Is the Torker saddle that looks like a Miyata pretty much the same
thing?

Do the same handle and bumpers fit on them? *

Why? Did you break one?

--
spyder - spyder loves...

There are no stupid questions,
Just stupid people.
spyder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4190

Old January 13th 04, 02:24 AM
daino149

I believe they are alike/identical in all respects accept color.
Actually, I take part of that back. It seems that the parts are
interchangeable. The newer Torker saddles have little plastic 'gussets'
to reinforce the front handle. It makes them noticeable stiffer. I
don't actually have one so I don't know how strong they are or how long
they last.

If you are planning on getting the Kinport bumpers... I use one and I
love it (front only). That thing is strong as heck.

On a side note, Torker also sells a KH/Velo saddle. This one actually
says Velo on the bottom. I ordered one through my LBS. The total price
was under 40. So far, I like it might better then the Miyata.

Daniel

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

there ain't enough body armor in the country for me to try that. -- Ken
on the mtbr forum in reference to MUni

Old January 13th 04, 02:28 AM
Sofa

I broke some guy's rear bumper (they make for a CRAPPY seat for a
giraffe, it was just a simple failed mount, and the plastic guard
shattered)

I just am looking to replace the rear bumper, is all

Old January 13th 04, 02:57 AM
sockmonster

yeah, the new saddles make the giraffe somewhat difficult to mount, but
my unistar TX has taken some hardcore falls (one in particular, I forgot
I was taller than an overhanging roof. That's an embarassing UPD) on
both the front and back bumpers, and it's still unbroken and
uncracked.

Ultimately, you get what you pay for. The TX is a hundred times cheaper
than the Miyata skycycle, and for the purpose, it's a good buy.