unibiker

Old January 3rd 05, 11:44 PM
harper

I will post this slightly editted corespondence with Jeff Meyers, who
was kind enough to answer my email, in order to address our inquiries
concerning the untimely death of Jeff Baker, known to us as Unibiker.
Sorry to bring you this sad news but it will clarify things for those
who are curious. Then we can let this thread and Jeff go to rest.

My e-mail:

Jeff-

Sorry to bother you. What was the cause of death for Jeff? As UniBiker,
he was an innovative guy on our unicycling forum and just seemed to
disappear after awhile. His no-hands riding creations and skills were
interesting to the forum population and to me in particular. The forum
members are curious as to the details if you are comfortable and at
liberty revealing them.

Thanks for any further info. So sorry to hear of the loss of your
friend.

-Greg Harper

Jeff's reply:

Greg-

It's no bother, Jeff was my good friend I've known him since I was 9
years old. Although I am not into unicycles we've ridden motorcycles for
some 30 years.

Jeff has been having some trouble for awhile, much deeper than any of us
knew. The V.A. hospital had been treating him for post traumatic stress
and depression then all at once about 2 months ago took him off all his
meds. He lived with my parents for about a month and every thing seemed
fine.

Well, I guess we were all wrong and Thursday night (December 30, 2004)
he killed himself. I have always thought that people who committed
suicide were weak and stupid. Anybody that knew Jeff knows that he was a
very smart man and he was far from weak. In fact I don't think in 30
years I ever heard him complain about anything other than the aches and
pains caused from having so much fun. This is probably a lot more info
than you wanted but I feel the world has lost a great person and he will
be missed.

Thanks for your condolences.
Jeff Myers

--
harper - Riding a Fat

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"You go through life and you choose." - Greg Harper

"Sometimes you choose wrong." - Greg Harper

"People who quote themselves are lame." - David Lowell

"I think I just broke my leg." - Greg Harper, 10/9/2004

Old January 3rd 05, 11:51 PM
Checkernuts

We truly lost an inovater in our community, he will be missed.

My regards go to his family and close friends in this time of morning.

Mike

--
Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20

Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

Old January 4th 05, 01:02 AM
tylercox

Dang, I never met him, but that sure looked like a cool contraption he
cooked up! Sorry he's passed on... I know this sounds like I'm too
nosey, but how and where did he kill himself?

--
tylercox - 11-year-old UniDude!

If you can wheelwalk a giraffe backwards off a 10 foot jump while
balancing a Coker on your nose...I'll give you a nickel.

-Tyler Cox
tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

Old January 4th 05, 01:07 AM
Unickcycle

one less of us...when we need more unicyclist.

sorry to hear it may his soul rest in uni heaven

--
Unickcycle
Unickcycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8961

Old January 4th 05, 01:07 AM
Worminton

Truely bad to hear that. It hink everyone on the forums should change
their avatar to his uni bike thing for a few days and put "RIP Unibiker
as their signature and tile. That's ehat I'm doing.

--
Worminton - That's my art.

Dude is to Man as "Fo scnizel my nizel" is to "i whole heartedly agree
my African American Brother."

I own a new Chromatic Harmonica.

"LIES!!!!LIES!!!!!THE TV IS NOTHING BUT LIES!!!!!"
-My brother screaming at a comercial for a washing machine.
Worminton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5568

Old January 4th 05, 01:23 AM
Unickcycle

agreed im doin it

--
Unickcycle - NickyB

eat on the uni

sleep with the uni

live on the uni
-do it-
Unickcycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8961

Old January 4th 05, 01:23 AM
Unickcycle

Worminton wrote:
*Truely bad to hear that. It hink everyone on the forums should change
their avatar to his uni bike thing for a few days and put "RIP
Unibiker as their signature and tile. That's ehat I'm doing. *

agreed im doin it

--
Unickcycle - R.I.P Jeff Baker A.K.A unibiker

eat on the uni

sleep with the uni

live on the uni
-do it-
Unickcycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8961

Old January 4th 05, 03:19 AM
onewheeldave

jmyers wrote:
*i don't know how many of you know my good friend jeff baker (
unibiker) but he is no longer with us. he died 12-30-2004 i just found
out myself last nite.
the only reason i'm posting here is because he seemed to think alot of
this website.
i dont know much but your welcome email me if your were his friend
too.

thanks, jeff myers.

my email is *

It's really sad that he's gone. I never knew him as a person but his
posts and innovative approach were always memorable.

It takes a lot to appear unique and innovative on a board full of people
who ride unicycles.

I'm glad he thought a lot of this site, and hope that the responses here
are some help to you in coping with this.

Thanks also for passing on the news.

RIP Unibiker

--
onewheeldave - Semi Skilled Unicyclist

"He's also been known to indulge in a spot of flame juggling - but it's
the Muni that really fires him up."

onewheeldave's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/874

Old January 4th 05, 06:59 AM
GILD

thanx for 'sharing' (http://tinyurl.com/5kewa) that Greg

--
GILD - Waffle-Tosser and Time-bider

if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
alice 'roosevelt' (http://tinyurl.com/5ngze) longworth
I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.-- William H.
Mauldin

'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)