BICYCLE RELATED! My latest single-speed

Old October 14th 20, 05:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default BICYCLE RELATED! My latest single-speed

Here is a link to an image of my latest single-speed bicycle build.

Velo Sport aero tubing frameset.

Shimano Adamas AX hubs and brake calipers.

Cinelli Angel time-trial handlebar.

Tektro RX 5.0 carbon fiber brake levers.

Wrights leather saddle.

27" x 1" tires.

Unioglide 20 teeth cog with assorted spacers and a bottom bracket lockring. 52 teeth chainring on Tiagra crankset.

https://flic.kr/p/2jUQYsa

Cheers

Old October 14th 20, 06:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 14/10/2020 18:02, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Here is a link to an image of my latest single-speed bicycle build.

Velo Sport aero tubing frameset.

Shimano Adamas AX hubs and brake calipers.

Cinelli Angel time-trial handlebar.

Tektro RX 5.0 carbon fiber brake levers.

Wrights leather saddle.

27" x 1" tires.

Unioglide 20 teeth cog with assorted spacers and a bottom bracket lockring. 52 teeth chainring on Tiagra crankset.

https://flic.kr/p/2jUQYsa

Cheers

How come the bars went from silver to black? A *lot* of bar tape?

Old October 14th 20, 08:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, 14 October 2020 13:45:38 UTC-4, Tosspot wrote:
On 14/10/2020 18:02, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Here is a link to an image of my latest single-speed bicycle build.

Velo Sport aero tubing frameset.

Shimano Adamas AX hubs and brake calipers.

Cinelli Angel time-trial handlebar.

Tektro RX 5.0 carbon fiber brake levers.

Wrights leather saddle.

27" x 1" tires.

Unioglide 20 teeth cog with assorted spacers and a bottom bracket lockring. 52 teeth chainring on Tiagra crankset.

https://flic.kr/p/2jUQYsa

Cheers

How come the bars went from silver to black? A *lot* of bar tape?

Because the images I showed when asking how the brake cables were routed were not of my handlebar. My handlebar was always black. LOL

I lucked out at the LBS today. They had a pair of brake levers for that type of handlebar and they were something someone ordered a long time ago and then decided they didn't want. I got those brake levers for their cost. Even better, they have brake cable adjusters and have adjustable reach. I'll be switching them tonight.

Cheers
Old October 14th 20, 09:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, October 14, 2020 at 2:55:41 PM UTC-5, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Don't understand the handlebars on this bike. Why? Unless you are dedicating the bike to time trials, why have those bars? And 52x20 isn't exactly a fast time trial gear. Normal drop bars with normal brake levers give you the most comfortable hand positions for riding miles and miles. Both of my single speeds are setup that way and have been ridden for many many miles at a time. Comfortably.
Old October 14th 20, 10:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, 14 October 2020 16:58:20 UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

It's a fun bike I built out of spare parts except for the new brake levers to route the brake cables internally in the handlebar.

With 27" wheels:

52 x 20 @ 60 rpm = 12.5 mph
52 x 20 @ 90 rpm = 18.8
52 x 20 @ 120 rpm = 25.1 mph.

That's plenty fast enough for me.

I like the looks of the setup and I like the ride. I ride it on a 25 mile loop with some hills.

Cheers
Old October 15th 20, 12:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, October 14, 2020 at 2:48:15 PM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

You need to buy new parts. Its your duty as a Canadian, eh?

-- Jay Beattie.
Old October 15th 20, 01:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Wednesday, October 14, 2020 at 4:16:33 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

I have an old 3T handlebar that I'm using on the Look. It is really light but the stem is pretty heavy. I'm looking around for a Cannondale stem since they are super light and still I've never heard of one breaking.
Old October 15th 20, 01:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, 14 October 2020 19:16:33 UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

I did! I DID! I bought new carbon fiber time-trial brake levers for internally routed brake cables. VBEG LOL

Cheers