Unintended consequences

Old January 4th 21, 03:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Unintended consequences

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlton...de-in-england/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old January 4th 21, 03:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Cleary[_3_]

On Monday, January 4, 2021 at 8:00:19 AM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlton...de-in-england/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Never road a Brooks and hate the look but are they really better?
Deacon Mark
Old January 4th 21, 04:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 1/4/21 2:33 PM, Mark Cleary wrote:
On Monday, January 4, 2021 at 8:00:19 AM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlton...de-in-england/

--
Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org/ Open every day since 1 April,
1971

Never road a Brooks and hate the look but are they really better?
Deacon Mark

It's a contact point. If a 5 dollar saddle in comfortable, be happy, if
a 300 dollar saddle is comfy, break out the credit card.

I use B17s on all my bikes (wait! One is a Colt) and I, ermmm, you
guessed it, quite like them. You can stick your San Marco Rolls where
the sun doesn't shine.

Old January 4th 21, 04:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Monday, January 4, 2021 at 7:09:43 AM UTC-8, Tosspot wrote:
On 1/4/21 2:33 PM, Mark Cleary wrote:
On Monday, January 4, 2021 at 8:00:19 AM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlton...de-in-england/

--
Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org/ Open every day since 1 April,
1971

Never road a Brooks and hate the look but are they really better?
Deacon Mark

It's a contact point. If a 5 dollar saddle in comfortable, be happy, if
a 300 dollar saddle is comfy, break out the credit card.

I use B17s on all my bikes (wait! One is a Colt) and I, ermmm, you
guessed it, quite like them. You can stick your San Marco Rolls where
the sun doesn't shine.

Of course you have to value a 3 lb saddle.
Old January 4th 21, 05:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 1/4/2021 9:33 AM, Mark Cleary wrote:
On Monday, January 4, 2021 at 8:00:19 AM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlton...de-in-england/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Never road a Brooks and hate the look but are they really better?

The question is, better for whom? We're all different down there.

Brooks saddles never worked for me, except on my about-town three speed.
I've tried three different models on my "good" bikes and ultimately
moved to other choices.

But we host (at least, in non-COVID times) touring cyclists passing
through. A large percentage of those visitors use Brooks saddles. For
many people, there's nothing more comfortable.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old January 4th 21, 05:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 1/4/2021 8:33 AM, Mark Cleary wrote:
On Monday, January 4, 2021 at 8:00:19 AM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlton...de-in-england/

Never road a Brooks and hate the look but are they really better?
Deacon Mark

There's no absolute answer to that. 'Better' for whom?

I rode Idéale leather for many years, great for me but I
could never find a Brooks to fit. That said, it's a quality
line of products with many loyal adherents.

Old January 4th 21, 06:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 1/4/2021 6:00 AM, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlton...de-in-england/

There have been a lot of consequences from Brexit, whether intended,
unintended, or simply not understood.

The voters of the U.K. were not voting based on what was best for
themselves economically. They didn't want immigrants from Eastern
European EU countries to continue coming in. Of course that will have
negative effects on industries that depended on those workers, just as
we've seen the negative effects in the U.S. in certain industries
(dairies, meat processing, fruit and vegetable harvesting).

Brexit has also made UK exports less expensive as the pound's value has
plunged, and it's made visiting the UK less expensive.

Old January 4th 21, 07:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Monday, January 4, 2021 at 2:00:19 PM UTC, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlton...de-in-england/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

..
I bought a Brooks B.73 on a sale at SJS for fifty quid just to see what it was like. I was tired of hearing Brooks this and Brooks that and nary an independent, rational view. I don't mind spending fifty quid, or a hundred or two or three, to satisfy my curiosity. But once I'd fitted the B.73, and ridden it far enough t form an opinion, well, hey, all I can says is that if you want my Brooks B.73 leather saddle, you will have to prise it from my cold dead buttocks.

Andre Jute
I have bets out on how ;many of the RBT scum, even with forewarning, will be unable to resist the temptation of smarts remarks.
Old January 4th 21, 07:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

.
I bought a Brooks B.73 on a sale at SJS for fifty quid just to see what it was like. I was tired of hearing Brooks this and Brooks that and nary an independent, rational view. I don't mind spending fifty quid, or a hundred or two or three, to satisfy my curiosity. But once I'd fitted the B.73, and ridden it far enough t form an opinion, well, hey, all I can says is that if you want my Brooks B.73 leather saddle, you will have to prise it from my cold dead buttocks.

Andre Jute
I have bets out on how ;many of the RBT scum, even with forewarning, will be unable to resist the temptation of smarts remarks.

I have a carbon saddle with very light padding and carbon rails. It weighs 120 grans, I have ridden this on metric centuries several times and without getting sores. Even though I've lost most of my concern for weight, the weight of a Brooks is more than I'm willing to give up.
Old January 4th 21, 07:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Monday, January 4, 2021 at 9:23:41 AM UTC-8, sms wrote:
On 1/4/2021 6:00 AM, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlton...de-in-england/

There have been a lot of consequences from Brexit, whether intended,
unintended, or simply not understood.

The voters of the U.K. were not voting based on what was best for
themselves economically. They didn't want immigrants from Eastern
European EU countries to continue coming in. Of course that will have
negative effects on industries that depended on those workers, just as
we've seen the negative effects in the U.S. in certain industries
(dairies, meat processing, fruit and vegetable harvesting).

Brexit has also made UK exports less expensive as the pound's value has
plunged, and it's made visiting the UK less expensive.

The charts don't indicate that the Pound has plunged against the USD or the Euro. Am I missing something?

I'm not sure what effect if any Brexit will have on the price of Brooks saddles in the US. I haven't checked the Harmonized Tariff Schedule to see if we're punishing the UK for anything or attempting to protect the vast US leather saddle manufacturing industry. I also need to review the administration's recently negotiated, bigly America is Great and England Lost the War of Independence International Leather Bicycle Saddle Compact and Trade Understanding. I hear we beat the UK like a dog. Brooks saddles may be practically free now.

-- Jay Beattie.

(Noob) Unintended zig-zagging? JusticeZero Unicycling 9 October 4th 06 06:21 AM
(Noob) Unintended zig-zagging? skilewis74 Unicycling 0 October 3rd 06 03:19 AM
RR: An unintended epic Simon Brooke UK 2 March 19th 06 11:26 PM
Theory behind unintended unclipping from Eggbeaters? Ivar Hesselager Techniques 14 November 2nd 05 11:41 PM
Campy Record Profit Pedal Fiasco - Advice Sought on Unintended Consequences - Peter??? me Techniques 5 September 25th 05 11:10 PM