white socks?

Old March 12th 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default white socks?

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message
On a bike racer in the 2000s? Now I've seen everything:
http://www.velonews.com/images/int/11876.17745.f.jpg

You'll have to give me a little help here - what are you talking about?

Old March 12th 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

--
JT
****************************
Old March 12th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla

Tom Kunich wrote:

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message

On a bike racer in the 2000s? Now I've seen everything:
http://www.velonews.com/images/int/11876.17745.f.jpg

You'll have to give me a little help here - what are you talking about?

See, this is why people can't take you seriously, Tom. You just "don't
get" what is obvious to everyone else.

It's almost as if you are a crack baby, but 60 years older.

Having said that, at least the Disco boys got rid of their knee-high
1970's socks that Lance wore, which will almost certainly disgrace his
legacy in the sport.

Magilla
Old March 12th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Mar 12, 11:01 pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message
.. .

On a bike racer in the 2000s? Now I've seen everything:
http://www.velonews.com/images/int/11876.17745.f.jpg

You'll have to give me a little help here - what are you talking about?

See, this is why people can't take you seriously, Tom. You just "don't
get" what is obvious to everyone else.

It's almost as if you are a crack baby, but 60 years older.

Having said that, at least the Disco boys got rid of their knee-high
1970's socks that Lance wore, which will almost certainly disgrace his
legacy in the sport.

Magilla

He was overcompensating for starting his cycling career wearing a
speedo and grease pencil.

Joseph

Old March 12th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On a bike racer in the 2000s? Now I've seen everything:
http://www.velonews.com/images/int/11876.17745.f.jpg

White is much safer. As a gym instructor once explained to me, when
queried on why I had to wear white socks, "In case your ankles start
bleeding, we'll know it." I really couldn't argue.

Old March 13th 07, 02:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article .com,
"RicodJour" wrote:

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On a bike racer in the 2000s? Now I've seen everything:
http://www.velonews.com/images/int/11876.17745.f.jpg

White is much safer. As a gym instructor once explained to me, when
queried on why I had to wear white socks, "In case your ankles start
bleeding, we'll know it." I really couldn't argue.

Uh-oh.

(my teams primary colour is red. I just took delivery of three pairs of
new socks).