Fenders are for sissies, but they keep your back dry when the roadswet

Old July 25th 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dane Buson

Default Fenders are for sissies, but they keep your back dry when the roads wet

David L. Johnson wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:

I think I've broken three, maybe four fenders over the 31 years.

I've broken 2 in 4 years, which is much worse than your experience.
Most of my problems are on an old road bike -- lots of clearance for a
road bike. The rear fender has broken from fatigue twice.

I think I've broken three in about the same time span (all rear fenders
also). I've also found sufficient duct tape will provide trouble free
continued operation for a few months at a time.

These mounting brackets also go out of adjustment regularly, leading
to the fender rubbing on the tire.

This I haven't had troubles with.

Most commuters use 20-year-old bikes.

I'm lucky if mine last two years. :-/

--
Dane Buson -
"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's
Old July 30th 08, 04:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Jun 27, 1:49 pm, "Jeremy Parker"
wrote:
wrote in message

I got a funny look the other day for having a traditional set of
fenders on my bicycle,

[snip]

I guess that you are not writing from here in London.

It's not just the rain. It's the horse dung, too.

Jeremy Parker

lol
where I am it would be worm guts. the little critters come out all
over the pavement when it rains.
Old July 30th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Claire Petersky

wrote in message

where I am it would be worm guts. the little critters come out all
over the pavement when it rains.

'Round here, it's slugs. Nothing like getting the slug guts out of the
fenders in the fall.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Old July 30th 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Jul 30, 10:03*am, "Claire Petersky"
wrote:
wrote in message

where I am it would be worm guts. the little critters come out all
over the pavement when it rains.

'Round here, it's slugs. Nothing like getting the slug guts out of the
fenders in the fall.

Banana slugs. Yumm!

http://www.eleda.com/images/bananaslugs.jpg

- Frank Krygowski
Old August 1st 08, 03:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Claire Petersky

wrote:
wrote in message

where I am it would be worm guts. the little critters come out all
over the pavement when it rains.

'Round here, it's slugs. Nothing like getting the slug guts out of the
fenders in the fall.

Banana slugs. Yumm!

Don't know why I said "fall" in my previous post - there were plenty of them
on the wet pavement and in the rain the last couple of days.

As for "yum", mash them up with road grit and grime on the inside of a
fender, and you see if you want eat one, even sauted in butter and garlic.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

why are there no fenders? Jon Bendtsen Recumbent Biking 3 May 4th 08 06:40 PM
coming back from downtime - sore left back side - cause? Paul General 1 May 18th 07 06:45 PM
Fenders chuck Recumbent Biking 3 December 22nd 06 11:21 PM
What fenders will fit? Buck General 9 February 22nd 06 12:20 PM
Sissies Afraid of a Razor? Tom Kunich Racing 14 July 13th 05 07:01 PM