Obama Believe and Obama Hope unique bike jerseys

Old August 25th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John Kane

Default Obama Believe and Obama Hope unique bike jerseys

On Aug 25, 7:00*am, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Bob Hunt wrote:
On Aug 24, 9:14 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Bob Hunt wrote:
On Aug 23, 7:42 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Bob Hunt wrote:
On Aug 23, 9:25 am, wrote:
made by an obama supporter.
every jersey sold donates $5 to the campaign
Obama believehttp://www.bikingthings.com/obbebijedecy.html
Obama Hope short sleeveshttp://www.bikingthings.com/obhobijebaob.html
Obama hope Long sleeveshttp://www.bikingthings.com/obhobijelosl.html
Http://www.bikingthings.com
So to contribute $5 to a politician's campaign fund his supporters can
spend-
$90 on a sleeveless three color sublimated no artwork jersey with a
3/4 zip or
$95 on a shortsleeve three color sublimated with art with a 3/4 zip or
$100 on a longsleeve three color sublimated with art with a 3/4 zip?
If these sell, he must have some really bright supporters.
I see a lot of cyclists who will pay even more to wear jerseys
supporting commercial products.
I think you are referring to Div 1 team jerseys but even they don't
cost that much, not if you shop wisely.
Still, should not the commercial enterprises pay cyclists for their
endorsements of the products? At least these jerseys should sell for
considerably less than an equivalent quality jersey without advertising.

BTW, you don't think a
politician running for national office is a "commercial product"? They
are all packaged and marketed in much the same way as toothpaste or
deodorant.
Indeed. (At least Obama and McSame - Barr, McKinney and Nader are in a
different category.)

The commercial enterprises you refer to do in fact pay cyclists for
endorsing their product. Who do you think pays the salaries of the
Div. 1 riders? If that strikes you as unfair the solution is simple.
Become a world class rider and you'll get *free* jerseys. Bikes,
shorts, socks, shoes, helmets.... the whole enchilada so to speak.

I was referring to all the people who pay to wear team replica jerseys
with advertising on them - there are many such people for every paid
professional cyclist (or amateur club racers who do get free or
discounted equipment in return for wearing a jersey with advertising).

I still have my Festina jersey. Mind you I don't follow racing and
didn't even realise there was a Festina team when I bought it. I
believe the team was busted about a week later and there I was
wondering why a lot of people in France were staring at my jersey.
Old August 26th 08, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Bob Hunt wrote:
On Aug 25, 6:00 am, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Bob Hunt wrote:
On Aug 24, 9:14 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Bob Hunt wrote:
On Aug 23, 7:42 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Bob Hunt wrote:
On Aug 23, 9:25 am, wrote:
[...]

In the context of being "commercial products", the only thing
separating the politicians you name as "different" from the candidates
of the two major parties is marketing *skill*. Well, that and one of
the majors will actually be elected.

No, the third party candidates know that they will not be elected, which
allows them to speak their minds and answer questions directly and
honestly, and not the duck and weave the Republicrats provide.

The people that wear replica team jerseys aren't paying for the
privilege of advertising the companies that sponsor those teams.
Generally speaking, they just like the look of the jersey and/or like
to identify with "their" team. It seems the distinction between that
and the marketing strategy of "buy this jersey and financially support
your candidate" escapes you.

Since the jersey carries advertising, it should be less expensive.

As for most third party candidates, I think you are confusing cause
and effect. Most don't speak their minds directly and honestly because
they know they are unelectable. Most are unelectable because most of
the electorate think too many of their ideas are wrong, stupid, or
just downright crazy.

I happened to see the debates hosted by Bill Moyers in 2004 that
included Cobb, Nader, Badnarik and Peroutka. All four answered questions
directly. Meanwhile, Bush II and Kerry answered questions with the "We
plan to do what is best for America..., we will meet the challenge, the
people are important, blah, blah, blah" spiel without ever really saying
anything.

The reason third party candidates are unelectable is due to their lack
of media access and the lack of instant run-off voting. Often the third
party candidates represent what the people actually want, while neither
major party does (e.g. single-payer health care) since they represent
the rich and corporations.

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”
Old August 26th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Claire Petersky

Some doodling I did, never made a jersey or a button or anything:

http://www.43things.com/entries/view/3218457

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Old August 26th 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Claire Petersky wrote:
Some doodling I did, never made a jersey or a button or anything:

http://www.43things.com/entries/view/3218457

Why would anyone want to elect Obama when gene daniels is obviously the
best person for the position?

"0.ahno. the edo comes and goes. you stand there and experience the edo
unless you are bound by ego
riding a bike is highly valued as a way to experience and sample the
edo” - gene daniels
Old August 26th 08, 07:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bob

On Aug 25, 7:03*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Bob Hunt wrote:

The people that wear replica team jerseys aren't paying for the
privilege of advertising the companies that sponsor those teams.
Generally speaking, they just like the look of the jersey and/or like
to identify with "their" team. It seems the distinction between that
and the marketing strategy of "buy this jersey and financially support
your candidate" escapes you.

Since the jersey carries advertising, it should be less expensive.

That is an interesting theory. Carried to its logical conclusion, a
can of Coke or Pepsi should cost less than a can of soda bearing the
simple word "cola"; a Waterford frame should be less expensive than an
unbranded lugged steel frame; a pair of Levis should cost less than a
pair of denim jeans that had no identifying manufacturer's logo; and a
Rans recumbent should be cheaper than a no-name recumbent. Let me know
when your theory becomes reality. I've always wanted both a Ferrari
and a Perazzi.

Regards,
Bob Hunt
Old August 26th 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Kristian M Zoerhoff

On 2008-08-26, Tom Sherman wrote:
Claire Petersky wrote:
Some doodling I did, never made a jersey or a button or anything:

http://www.43things.com/entries/view/3218457

Why would anyone want to elect Obama when gene daniels is obviously the
best person for the position?

"If nominated I will not accept; if elected, I will not serve."

--

Kristian Zoerhoff

Old August 26th 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul O

Bob wrote, On 8/26/2008 2:40 AM:
On Aug 25, 7:03 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:

Bob Hunt wrote:

[...]

Logic is a harsh mistress...

--

Paul D Oosterhout
I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)

Old August 27th 08, 01:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Bob Hunt wrote:
On Aug 25, 7:03 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Bob Hunt wrote:

The people that wear replica team jerseys aren't paying for the
privilege of advertising the companies that sponsor those teams.
Generally speaking, they just like the look of the jersey and/or like
to identify with "their" team. It seems the distinction between that
and the marketing strategy of "buy this jersey and financially support
your candidate" escapes you.

Since the jersey carries advertising, it should be less expensive.

That is an interesting theory. Carried to its logical conclusion, a
can of Coke or Pepsi should cost less than a can of soda bearing the
simple word "cola";

Through advertising, the cola companies have convinced people that their
product is better than the "store brands" at half the price.

a Waterford frame should be less expensive than an
unbranded lugged steel frame;

I understand for an extra charge one can get a Waterford frame with no logo.

a pair of Levis should cost less than a
pair of denim jeans that had no identifying manufacturer's logo; and a
Rans recumbent should be cheaper than a no-name recumbent.

What is a "Rans"? I have never heard of that company.

Let me know
when your theory becomes reality. I've always wanted both a Ferrari
and a Perazzi.

Not a theory, but a statement of how things ought to be.

I do know of a couple car dealers that offered discounts on service for
having one of their logo license plate holders on a vehicle.

1999 RANS Tailwind
2000 RANS Rocket

RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS
Old August 27th 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Paul O writes:
Bob wrote, On 8/26/2008 2:40 AM:
On Aug 25, 7:03 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:

Bob Hunt wrote:

[...]

Copies of the Chicago Tribune shouldn't be free
to the public because they have "Chicago Tribune"
emblazoned in the banner.

But maybe copies of the Chicago Tribune and other
mainstream newspapers should be free to the public
because of their (paid-for) advertising content.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old August 27th 08, 06:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
Paul O writes:
Bob wrote, On 8/26/2008 2:40 AM:
On Aug 25, 7:03 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:

Bob Hunt wrote:

[...]

Most alternative weekly papers are free to the public and paid for by
advertising.