NEED HELP

Old September 11th 08, 12:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
xstamper

Default NEED HELP

Can some one please reply to me as i neen to do this for an assesment
i need to ask a question on baking and music?
Old September 11th 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

xstamper wrote:
Can some one please reply to me as i neen to do this for an assesment
i need to ask a question on baking and music?

You do need help if you are asking for advice on baking and music on a
cycling group.

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”
Old September 11th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Brian Huntley

On Sep 10, 7:33*pm, xstamper wrote:
Can some one please reply to me as i neen to do this for an assesment
i need to ask a question on baking and music?

I've baked soda bread on my Trangia stove on a bike trip. And I hum a
lot.
Old September 11th 08, 02:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:
xstamper wrote:
Can some one please reply to me as i neen to do this for an assesment
i need to ask a question on baking and music?

You do need help if you are asking for advice on baking and music on a
cycling group.

Maybe it's about ride tunes and
homemade power bars?

I don't think I've yet found a homemade
power bar recipe that really appealed
to me.

Good ol' date-nut loaf -- now /that's/
a power bar. 'Specially with enough
honey adjuncted to it as a binder so it
doesn't crumble away in your hand. Maybe
sub about 1/8 of your recipe's flour with
bran, but make sure the yeast is quite lively.

For the nuts, some folks like walnuts,
and some folks like pecans. I like
bashed-up slivered almonds.

For tons of good baking recipes, seek out
a 70 year-old Betty Crocker's Cookbook.

Throw on a CD, tape or vinyl recording[s]
of your choice, who's duration matches the
baking time of whatever you're concocting.
When the tunes are over, your baking's done.

As for shortening, I'm a Crisco man, myself.
Get the big plastic tub. Keep a folded patch
of wax'd paper in the tub, with which to lube
your bakeware. And /do/ refrigerate the stuff.
But lard is the work of Stan. We don't need
lard any more than we need whale oil. But we
still need suet for some things. For one thing,
the birdies love it in the winter when we tack
some under a shank of cheesecloth to a tree trunk.
And it makes a pretty good pastry when you need
it to be more resilient than a dessert pie crust.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old September 11th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Tom Keats wrote with very short text wrapping length:
In article ,
Tom Sherman writes:
xstamper wrote:
Can some one please reply to me as i neen to do this for an assesment
i need to ask a question on baking and music?

You do need help if you are asking for advice on baking and music on a
cycling group.

Maybe it's about ride tunes and
homemade power bars?

I don't think I've yet found a homemade
power bar recipe that really appealed
to me.

Good ol' date-nut loaf -- now /that's/
a power bar. 'Specially with enough
honey adjuncted to it as a binder so it
doesn't crumble away in your hand. Maybe
sub about 1/8 of your recipe's flour with
bran, but make sure the yeast is quite lively.

For the nuts, some folks like walnuts,
and some folks like pecans. I like
bashed-up slivered almonds.

I try to support cannibalism by eating more nuts.

For tons of good baking recipes, seek out
a 70 year-old Betty Crocker's Cookbook.

Since we are on the subject of cookbooks, this is one of the best sites
I have come across: http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/. A word
of warning - do not drink while perusing, or you may need a new keyboard
and monitor.

Throw on a CD, tape or vinyl recording[s]
of your choice, who's duration matches the
baking time of whatever you're concocting.
When the tunes are over, your baking's done.

What about Edison cylinders?

As for shortening, I'm a Crisco man, myself.
Get the big plastic tub. Keep a folded patch
of wax'd paper in the tub, with which to lube
your bakeware. And /do/ refrigerate the stuff.
But lard is the work of Stan. We don't need
lard any more than we need whale oil. But we
still need suet for some things. For one thing,
the birdies love it in the winter when we tack
some under a shank of cheesecloth to a tree trunk.
And it makes a pretty good pastry when you need
it to be more resilient than a dessert pie crust.

"LARD: Modern research has added new importance to value of an old
favorite". See http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/misc/lard.html.

Old September 11th 08, 04:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Sep 10, 7:28*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
xstamper wrote:
Can some one please reply to me as i neen to do this for an assesment
i need to ask a question on baking and music?

You do need help if you are asking for advice on baking and music on a
cycling group.

Baking is all about starches (carbs, if your soul died in MIM)
which, as a cyclist, I consume in great amounts. And music
is how I calculate the odds of the the ******s overtaking me
at 160dB throwing things out their windows (amusingly, I never
hear the uptight, John Cage mother****ers coming).
I doubt I am alone in this.

So both issues are most certainly areas of expertise here, and
maybe apropos.
Old September 12th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
mike[_9_]

On Sep 11, 11:33*am, xstamper wrote:
Can some one please reply to me as i neen to do this for an assesment
i need to ask a question on baking and music?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! doing assesment to. i do mountain biking! just
need someone to reply!
Old September 12th 08, 06:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Barry Harmon

xstamper wrote in news:a617479d-c4a4-47f7-acdf-
:

Can some one please reply to me as i neen to do this for an assesment
i need to ask a question on baking and music?

For bread baking try
http://www.artisanbreadbaking.com

Barry Harmon
Old September 13th 08, 05:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

Tom Sherman writes:
xstamper wrote:
[...]

I'll have a boo when I get a chance, but in the
meantime, nothing's a patch on good ol' Betty Crocker.
When she was alive and wielding that fearsome
wooden spoon.

Throw on a CD, tape or vinyl recording[s]
of your choice, who's duration matches the
baking time of whatever you're concocting.
When the tunes are over, your baking's done.

What about Edison cylinders?

If you can figure out their burn time, they'd
probably burn good in a wood stove.

Depression era "Race" 78's are probably worth
preserving more than Edison cylinders anyways.
Keep those. 'Specially if they have Artist's
names like Son House or Charlie Patton or
Sonny Boy Williamson. Although I think Sonny
Boy Williamson II (Rice Miller) is the superior
harp player. In fact, I think Sonny Boy
Williamson II is the /best/ harp player who ever
lived. Then Stevie Wonder. Then Mick Jagger.
Then Corky Siegal. Then all the rest of 'em.

If you're surprised by my attribution of excellent
harp-playing to Mick Jagger, just listen to
Midnight Rambler. He keeps busy.

Jimi Hendrix is more of a blues guy than a rock guy,
too. Heck, he turned wuzzhisface's All Along The
WatchTower into a blues tune.

Sometimes I get into discussions with my fellows
about whether Jimi Hendrix is about blues or rock.

They're civilized discussions. I can usually
persuade 'em that he's a blues guy.

cheers,
Tom

Old September 13th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Claire Petersky

"Barry Harmon" wrote in message
. 15.254...
xstamper wrote in news:a617479d-c4a4-47f7-acdf-
:

Can some one please reply to me as i neen to do this for an assesment
i need to ask a question on baking and music?

For bread baking try
http://www.artisanbreadbaking.com

This topic was discussed on this newsgroup a few years back:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...n&dmode=source

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky