URC v URD, UKT & URCM

Old January 3rd 10, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jim A

Default URC v URD, UKT & URCM

Squashme wrote:
On 3 Jan, 12:13, Jim A wrote:
Squashme wrote:
You know, I'm open to correction on this (unlike almost anything
else), but doesn't uk.rec.cycling seem to be livelier and get more
trade these days than its moderated offshoot, and than its sisters,
uk.rec.driving and uk.transport?

If you filter out the trolls, timewasters, crossposters, petrolheads,
pedants, URCM overspill, bigots and bullies fromurc, then it's pretty
quiet here too!

Bit babies and bathwater, isn't that?

Bathwater? Vomit more like!

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride
Old January 3rd 10, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Happi Monday[_3_]

On 03/01/2010 12:32, Mr. Benn wrote:

It's a bit more civilised than it was. I know the obvious trolls were a
problem but an even bigger problem were the troll-wrestlers.

Exact - it's a shame a lot of the troll-wrestlers haven't gone away too.

Even worse, the hypocritical mods. from URCM lingering on here 'cause
they've "collected all the marbles" at the other place.

Happi
Old January 3rd 10, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Happi Monday[_3_]

On 03/01/2010 13:14, Clive George wrote:

I quite like URCM. Significantly fewer posts, but higher quality.

LOL! Well done on the first PotW award for 2010!

Old January 3rd 10, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_2_]

Happi Monday wrote in news:hhq6ap$uen$2
@speranza.aioe.org:

On 03/01/2010 12:32, Mr. Benn wrote:

It's a bit more civilised than it was. I know the obvious trolls were a
problem but an even bigger problem were the troll-wrestlers.

Exact - it's a shame a lot of the troll-wrestlers haven't gone away too.

I think you're wrong there - a lot of the troll-wrestlers are now safely in
the moderared group.

Even worse, the hypocritical mods. from URCM lingering on here 'cause
they've "collected all the marbles" at the other place.

There's nothing to stop the moderators using this group. Maybe their own
posts aren't getting past their own moderation team in urcm so they have to
use this group! That would be funny if it was true.
Old January 3rd 10, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_2_]

Rob Morley wrote in news:20100103124724.0c04bf39
@bluemoon:

I find some of the
stuff on URCM extremely tedious. Maybe it's just because I don't
filter URCM, so I see the boring topics as well as things that interest
me.

Your're allowed to mention contentions topics here which makes it more
interesting.
Old January 3rd 10, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_2_]

On 03/01/2010 12:02, Rob Morley wrote:
On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 03:46:56 -0800 (PST)
wrote:

You know, I'm open to correction on this (unlike almost anything
else), but doesn't uk.rec.cycling seem to be livelier and get more
trade these days than its moderated offshoot, and than its sisters,
uk.rec.driving and uk.transport?

I've certainly been seeing more worthwhile discussion here than on the
new group, and that's after I've filtered out the vast majority of posts
that may even include some good ones.

Now that I've filtered out the ******* such as Nuzz, the judith , dugh ,
nugent and the evangelical cycle nutters ( i can't even remember their
"names) and the troll wrestling ( yes I admit my guilt ) has stopped
this place is quite nice, it's better than waiting hrs to be taken off
the naughty step in URCM and the will it won;t it wait to find out if if
fallen foul of another unwritten rule of the cabal ( yes ,yes, I know "
there is no cabal") . There is even the benefit of 33 1/3's version of
physics to laugh at.
Old January 3rd 10, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_2_]

Squashme wrote:

You know, I'm open to correction on this (unlike almost anything
else), but doesn't uk.rec.cycling seem to be livelier and get more
trade these days than its moderated offshoot, and than its sisters,
uk.rec.driving and uk.transport?

I've certainly been seeing more worthwhile discussion here than on the
new group, and that's after I've filtered out the vast majority of
posts that may even include some good ones.

Seriously? I've not been reading urcm, but the volume of non-crap
threads on this group seems to have collapsed. I'm lucky if there's one
interesting thread active at any moment in time. Is urcm really worse,
or are our definitions of interesting/worthwhile rather different?

For me URCM is suffering from looooong wait times for approval. YMMV but
it seems that I can't be trusted to toe the invisible line, so have to wait.
Old January 3rd 10, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther

"Clive George" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Squashme" wrote in message
You know, I'm open to correction on this (unlike almost anything
else), but doesn't uk.rec.cycling seem to be livelier and get more
trade these days than its moderated offshoot, and than its sisters,
uk.rec.driving and uk.transport?

Yes, definitely livelier and more trade. Most of which is shared with
other groups, and seems to be endless rehashes of the same old arguments.
How many actual cycling threads are there?

I quite like URCM. Significantly fewer posts, but higher quality.

Didn't cycle today cos of sheet ice everywhere! More snow but just a dusting
overnight but the sun on it has created black and white ice everywhere. Very
dangerous on the hills that surround my home with drivers "risking it"

So I looked in here to find Clive George doing his normal trolling
proclamation saying how good it is on "uk.rec.cycling.moderated"

I just wonder why he bothers to join us from "the other place". He certainly
doesn't add to the cycling topics on here.

Perhaps he gets too bored over there.

Perhaps he should buy a flag and come over her and wave it!

or perhaps he should just stop saying, in every group that he posts in, how
we all should listen to his words of wisdom(?) about how excellent it is in
"the other place"

He is very aware of my personal opinion of the opinions he proclaims so
often, --- as I am of his opinion of me!

--
From
Trevor A Panther

Old January 3rd 10, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"Trevor A Panther" wrote in message

He is very aware of my personal opinion of the opinions he proclaims so
often, --- as I am of his opinion of me!

So, Trevor, what do you think my opinion of you is?

URCM? Marc[_2_] UK 27 January 4th 10 06:43 PM
URCM Marc[_2_] UK 29 December 16th 09 08:39 PM
Missing Messages from URCM Judith M Smith UK 80 December 11th 09 08:58 AM
urcm It is using urc to do its own job Trevor A Panther UK 20 November 13th 09 06:49 PM
Re Proposed URCM jms UK 9 May 29th 09 04:12 PM