Pothole Payout

Old January 15th 10, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Pothole Payout

Story of a pensioner who received compensation for his collision with
a pothole.

http://road.cc/content/news/12821-po...ded-%C2%A36000

--
Simon Mason
Old January 15th 10, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington[_3_]

In ,
tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
Story of a pensioner who received compensation for his collision with
a pothole.

http://road.cc/content/news/12821-po...ded-%C2%A36000

Yay! Martin Malins, formerly of this parish, has the CTC's legal eagles
onto Surrey CC after a pothole-induced crash put him in hospital for eleven
days over the new year with facial and internal injuries.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

Old January 15th 10, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 15 Jan, 13:27, "Dave Larrington" wrote:
,
tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:

Story of a pensioner who received compensation for his collision with
a pothole.

http://road.cc/content/news/12821-po...ded-%C2%A36000

Yay! *Martin Malins, formerly of this parish, has the CTC's legal eagles
onto Surrey CC after a pothole-induced crash put him in hospital for eleven
days over the new year with facial and internal injuries.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk
My only hope in life is to die before I get my comeuppence.

I should be getting mine anyday soon :-)
Good luck to Martin M.

--
Simon Mason
Old January 15th 10, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman

wrote:
Story of a pensioner who received compensation for his collision with
a pothole.

http://road.cc/content/news/12821-po...ded-%C2%A36000

That looks like a really dangerous pothole. Good job the cyclist found it,
it might have damaged a car.

Was he blind? How could a 12mph cyclist miss that?

Bet he did it on purpose to get the compo.

--
Dave - the small piece of 14th century armour used to protect the armpit.

Old January 16th 10, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_2_]

" wrote in
:

On 15 Jan, 13:27, "Dave Larrington" wrote:

m, tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell
us:

Story of a pensioner who received compensation for his collision
with a pothole.

http://road.cc/content/news/12821-po...arded-%C2%A360
00

Yay! *Martin Malins, formerly of this parish, has the CTC's legal
eagle

onto Surrey CC after a pothole-induced crash put him in hospital for
elev

en
days over the new year with facial and internal injuries.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk
My only hope in life is to die before I get my comeuppence.

I should be getting mine anyday soon :-)

What are you going to spend it on. An exotic holiday?
Old January 16th 10, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 16 Jan, 09:03, "Mr. Benn" wrote:
" wrote :

On 15 Jan, 13:27, "Dave Larrington" wrote:

m, tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell
us:

Story of a pensioner who received compensation for his collision
with a pothole.

http://road.cc/content/news/12821-po...arded-%C2%A360
00

Yay! *Martin Malins, formerly of this parish, has the CTC's legal
eagle

onto Surrey CC after a pothole-induced crash put him in hospital for
elev

en
days over the new year with facial and internal injuries.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk
My only hope in life is to die before I get my comeuppence.

I should be getting mine anyday soon :-)

What are you going to spend it on. *An exotic holiday?- Hide quoted text -

I will be driving this route in June/July. Exotic? Not really.

Ferry Out 2100
Magdeburg
Warsaw
Vilnius
Riga
Tallinn
On ferry
Stockholm
Oslo
Copenhagen
Hamburg
Wageningen
On ferry
Ferry in 0800
--
Simon Mason
Old January 16th 10, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup

The Medway Handyman wrote:

http://road.cc/content/news/12821-po...ded-%C2%A36000

That looks like a really dangerous pothole.

The hole in the picture is NOT the one described in the article.

How could a 12mph cyclist miss that?

He possibly was travelling a lot faster than that.

Old January 18th 10, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington[_3_]

In om,
soup tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

http://road.cc/content/news/12821-po...ded-%C2%A36000

That looks like a really dangerous pothole.

The hole in the picture is NOT the one described in the article.

How could a 12mph cyclist miss that?

He possibly was travelling a lot faster than that.

Or maybe it was dark.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk
Run away, Aaron! The databases are coming! The databases are
coming!

Old January 18th 10, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_2_]

In om,
The Medway Handyman wrote:

http://road.cc/content/news/12821-po...ded-%C2%A36000
That looks like a really dangerous pothole.

The hole in the picture is NOT the one described in the article.

How could a 12mph cyclist miss that?

He possibly was travelling a lot faster than that.

Or maybe it was dark.

Or the pothole was full of water?
Old January 18th 10, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JMS

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 04:10:18 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Story of a pensioner who received compensation for his collision with
a pothole.

http://road.cc/content/news/12821-po...ded-%C2%A36000

If the silly old sod ran over that he is not fit to be on the road.

"Because Cyclists are probably the most vulnerable group of road users
when it comes to either damage to themselves or their bikes caused by

ffs - do they ride with their eyes closed?