Hitch Rack for a tandem

Old September 18th 05, 11:10 PM
Dan Warren

Default Hitch Rack for a tandem

Wife and I recently got a Trel T-900 tandem. She has an OSI spare tire
rack which clamps to the top tube of the bike. We center it on the balance
point. I havean old Saris rack which has the "bat wings" Saris sent me a
set of new ones after the original ones failed (metal fatigue).

However, the offset weight of the bike causes the wings to rotate. I can't
use a roof rack due to the fact that I have a limited range of mobility
with one arm.

I've seen hitch racks that range from a $70 Bell to a $500 Draftmaster.
What experiences do others have with various hitch racks?