Position of LOOK cleats

Old July 20th 05, 05:01 PM
Cwazee Yeti

Default Position of LOOK cleats

Hi all!

I'm an experienced MTBiker just recently getting into serious road
riding and have a question about the triangular, three-holed LOOK
cleats.

I'm in the middle of installing them onto my new Sidi road shoes and
notice that
once I position the cleats properly and screw them in, the bottom
corners of the LOOK cleats don't make contact with the bottom of the
shoe.

My buddy rides with Shimano shoes which which have a much wider sole
than the Sidi shoes (even though I wear a bigger size than he does!),
and all three corners of his LOOK cleats make contact with the sole.
But for my Sidis, the bottom corners of the cleats seem to jut out a
bit.

I've never ridden with LOOK road cleats so I'd like to know is this
normal?

Thanks in advance!

Old July 20th 05, 06:05 PM
Bill Sornson

Cwazee Yeti wrote:
[...]

Yeah, I've got a pair of Lake road shoes that do that (cleat corner exposed
a bit); doesn't seem to affect clipping in or out.

I'd try to minimize it a bit by the side-to-side positioning, if possible,
but for sure don't mess with the cleat's angle or fore/aft placement that
works for you.

Be sure to test things BEFORE hitting the road, of course -- that corner
/can/ catch at first if you're not used to it.

HTH, Bill S.

Old July 20th 05, 06:28 PM
Mark Janeba

Cwazee Yeti wrote:

[...]

Well, my Sidis are that way, ridden fine for years without a problem
'cept the bottom of the shoe looks funny when you take 'em off.

Mark

Old July 21st 05, 02:01 AM
RonSonic

On 20 Jul 2005 09:01:13 -0700, "Cwazee Yeti" wrote:

[...]

One corner of the Look cleat hangs over the edge of my Gaerne shoes just a bit.
It's a nonissue.

Don't compromise your pedal position to get the cleat inside the border of the
shoe.

Ron