Bondhus

Old May 22nd 17, 07:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default Bondhus

David Scheidt wrote:

If you don't like the ball end, don't buy
them. They make plain hex ones, as well.

In this kit, the keys have hex ends on the
regular, short end and ball ends on the long,
shaft end.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Old May 23rd 17, 01:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

David Scheidt wrote:
oug Landau wrote:
::On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 8:27:48 AM UTC-7, wrote:
:: On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 7:41:43 AM UTC-7, Emanuel Berg wrote:
:: Today I got a set of Allen keys. Sizes are
:: 1.27, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5., 4.5, 5.5 as well as all
:: integers from 2 to 10.
::
:: There is a ball at the shaft end which
:: according to the box makes it possible to apply
:: at an angle of 25°. Still not recommended, ey?
::
:: The shafts are much longer than those I'm used
:: to which of course gives more leverage and
:: sometimes better clearance, I reckon.
::
:: On the bikes I usually do there is seldom need
:: for any Allen keys except for the kickstand
:: which sometimes comes with an Allen bolt in the
:: middle. But not rarely is this a hex bolt like
:: everywhere else on the bike. However I have
:: understood that on modern bikes Allen bolts are
:: very prominent.
::
:: The brand, Bondhus, sounds like Swedish
:: (literally "Peasant House"), but I suppose this
:: is not the actual etymology.

:It's the surname of the company founder.

I forgot to mention: the company is in Minnesota, so there's a very
good chance his grandparents were from Sweeden.

--
But all of a sudden Igor Stravinsky shows up with bag of psilocybin
mushrooms and a chainsaw.... -- Jens
Old May 23rd 17, 01:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

David Scheidt wrote:

I forgot to mention: the company is in
Minnesota, so there's a very good chance his
grandparents were from Sweeden.

Yep, lots of people went. By now all-american
since long, of course. But I suppose the entire
country is just made up of immigrants.

Old May 23rd 17, 08:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Mon, 22 May 2017 20:33:11 +0200, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

David Scheidt wrote:

If you don't like the ball end, don't buy
them. They make plain hex ones, as well.

In this kit, the keys have hex ends on the
regular, short end and ball ends on the long,
shaft end.

The design is likely based on you using the long end in the bolt to
hand tighten the bolt and then the short end for final torque.

Actually it isn't a bad idea. Think of trying to fit a bottle cage and
wiggling the wrench all around to get in between the legs of he cage
and then when it is hand tight you reverse the wrench and give it a
quarter of a turn more.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Old May 23rd 17, 09:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Tue, 23 May 2017 02:34:08 +0200, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

David Scheidt wrote:

I forgot to mention: the company is in
Minnesota, so there's a very good chance his
grandparents were from Sweeden.

Yep, lots of people went. By now all-american
since long, of course. But I suppose the entire
country is just made up of immigrants.

With the exception of a few of the original inhabitants. About 0.9% of
the U.S. population is "Native American", to use the political correct
term.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old May 23rd 17, 12:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

I travel n roam Florida n the GOM for a time. People flock, regionalism centers in vacation areas...money intelligence n fraternity ... with each pocket different than the next door. Not isolated hillbilly culture either...

I guess same in Yurp.
Old May 23rd 17, 07:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 4:49:14 AM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
Snipped
With the exception of a few of the original inhabitants. About 0.9% of
the U.S. population is "Native American", to use the political correct
term.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Whose Native American ancestors originally migrated from Asia or Europe.

Cheers
Old May 24th 17, 04:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Tue, 23 May 2017 11:47:37 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 4:49:14 AM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
Snipped
With the exception of a few of the original inhabitants. About 0.9% of
the U.S. population is "Native American", to use the political correct
term.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Whose Native American ancestors originally migrated from Asia or Europe.

Cheers

Certainly and the European new comer's originally immigrated from
Africa :-)

At least I believe that is the current theory.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Old May 24th 17, 03:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 4:49:14 AM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
Snipped
With the exception of a few of the original inhabitants. About 0.9% of
the U.S. population is "Native American", to use the political correct
term.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Whose Native American ancestors originally migrated from Asia or Europe.

Cheers

Certainly and the European new comer's originally immigrated from
Africa :-)

At least I believe that is the current theory.

Not a theory - DNA evidence is proof. Homo Sapiens started in Africa and moved north as the ice age receded. Damn there's that global warming again.