Honk for the Revolution!

Old October 24th 11, 02:34 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Default Honk for the Revolution!

wrote:
On Oct 23, 2:58 pm, Wilson wrote:
"TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"

wrote:
On Oct 23, 6:13 am, noname wrote:

Is it better to have a tyrant of flesh and blood?

Probably; a flesh-and-blood tyrant is easier to remove.

And that's because the tyrant is not so well camouflage. In capitalism
they eat you, but you are "free," whatever that means.

For example I'm free, but not free from Florida Power & Light.
Corporations are running the show instead of a strongman.

No one forces you to have electric service.

You wiped out the last people in America that wanted to live off the
grid... the Indians.

Oh please. Neither myself nor my ancestors were involved in that genocide.
So your attempt to inculcate some guilt here has fallen a bit short.

I can see you ain't got much sympathy for who want to be off the grid.
You haven't even addressed the issue of how to ride a bike on our
chaotic roads. I think I'd commit suicide before going through this...

"Living 'off the grid': Man loses job, wife, home, decides to bike
across the world"

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...728/-1/FOSNEWS

Not because of the adventure itself but because all the hostility I've
seen in people's faces and attitudes. "I've seen hate in their eyes,"
to quote something in the news describing a terrorist.

Old October 25th 11, 03:12 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

On Oct 24, 1:11 pm, Awaken21 wrote:
On Oct 23, 4:18 pm, SG wrote:

On Oct 23, 12:24 pm, Awaken21 wrote:

On Oct 22, 10:43 pm, Wilson wrote:

Wilson wrote:
wrote:
Wilson wrote:
liaM wrote:
Wilson wrote:
liaM wrote:

Freedom is the solution. More power for the regulators is just
more power.

Freedom has enslaved billions of people hidden away in sweat shops
and hovels..
There is no enslavement in freedom.

Yeah. It's hidden from your sight. Read Bonfils.

You seem to be married to your biases. If power is the problem, increasing
govenrment power will not fix things.

--
Wilson

Wrong truism.

It's very accurate and appropriate.

I'm in no way an objectivist, but this says it well:

“When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from
men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who
deal not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get rich more
easily by graft than by work, and your laws no longer protect you against
them, but protect them against you…you may know that your society is
doomed.”
— Ayn Rand

Poor Ayn. That childhood in Russia ****ed with her head pretty
seriously. Best debater perhaps ever though. Too bad so many of her
assumptions fall apart in the face of reality cause to watch her argue
for them, you wanted her to be right.

A brilliant, brilliant woman...I haven't read Atlas Shrugged, only The
Fountainhead. I wonder if both her and Nietzsche were abused as
children to have such disconnection.

I'm not sure if she was personally abused, but the things she went
through under the Russian verson of a communist authoritarian
government certainly put their mark on her psychologically for her
whole life. Don't require a degree in the humanities to see it.

The real item was another Russian, also anarchist, but social not
antisocial like Ayn Rand:

'If we ... ask Natu "who are the fittest: those who are continually
at war with each other, or those who support one another?" we at once
see that those animals which acquire habits of MUTUAL AID are
undoubtedly the fittest. They have more chances to survive, and they
attain, in their respective classes, the highest development of
intelligence and bodily organization.' -Peter Kropotkin

http://www.marxists.org/subject/scie.../kropotkin.htm

He is the inspiration for the Revolution.