decrease of heart rates

Old February 27th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default decrease of heart rates

Hi all,

Is it a normal symptom that after some time of training with low heart rates
(aerobic zone, below 70% of Max HR or even less) the body, so to speak,
switches to lower heart rates? I.e. it gets harder to ride on higher heart
rates.

For roughly a month I've been training below 70% of HRmax and recently I
observed, that my heart rate during relaxed pedaling is significantly lower
than it used to be a month ago. I wonder if it's just a normal, let's say,
adaptation, and my aerobic capacity has increased, or could it mean
something else (overstraining maybe?).

My rides before I noticed the above were 2,5 h long on the avg, around 13
hrs a week, below 70% hrmax, half of the time even below 65% hrmax. I'd like
to add that low HR is typical for me (45 resting, 24h avg 55), yet at
present it's like when I accelerate to above 70% of HRmax I start to fell my
legs getting heavy. I don't remember anything like that happening last
season. I hope that when I introduce some "faster", anaerobic rides, this
will change back to "normal".

Thanks in advance for any ideas,

Lechu

Old February 27th 06, 07:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 00:19:36 +0100, "le-sheq"
wrote:

Hi all,

Is it a normal symptom that after some time of training with low heart rates
(aerobic zone, below 70% of Max HR or even less) the body, so to speak,
switches to lower heart rates? I.e. it gets harder to ride on higher heart
rates.

It requires more exertion to reach the oxygen depletion level that
causes the jump to a higher heart rate, you mean.

For roughly a month I've been training below 70% of HRmax and recently I
observed, that my heart rate during relaxed pedaling is significantly lower
than it used to be a month ago. I wonder if it's just a normal, let's say,
adaptation, and my aerobic capacity has increased

This is the usual interpretation, as I understand it.

Most riders would view this as an achievement.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old February 28th 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

It requires more exertion to reach the oxygen depletion level that
causes the jump to a higher heart rate, you mean.

For roughly a month I've been training below 70% of HRmax and recently I
observed, that my heart rate during relaxed pedaling is significantly
lower
than it used to be a month ago. I wonder if it's just a normal, let's say,
adaptation, and my aerobic capacity has increased

This is the usual interpretation, as I understand it.

Most riders would view this as an achievement.

Ok, but even when riding il relativly slow leisurely pace, I feel
exhaustion, despite not having reached 70% of my HRmax. I don't feel
comfortable with that.

Lechu

Old February 28th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

le-sheq wrote:
Ok, but even when riding il relativly slow leisurely pace, I feel
exhaustion, despite not having reached 70% of my HRmax. I don't feel
comfortable with that.

How long have you been feeling that way if you've only been doing the
easy riding for a month? You could just be getting sick -- or some
other outside inluencer. Change in prevailing winds? Stress at work?

-Mike

Old March 1st 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

a principle-check the rate when awakenbing in bed the morning after
hard training sessions
if the rate is slower then the session maybe was to difficult and you
should back off a bit

Heart rates. Simon Mason UK 0 January 21st 06 08:45 PM
Rider Down! slim Social Issues 9 October 19th 04 01:41 PM
Cycling and vegetarianism Preston Crawford General 434 September 25th 04 09:38 PM
Metabolism of Fat at Elevated Heart Rates Your name Techniques 11 September 16th 04 07:11 PM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM