RR: Get away from me you lazy eyed freak

Old December 1st 03, 06:42 PM
Jimbo(san)

Default RR: Get away from me you lazy eyed freak

Pain is relative… Torture can be defined in several ways… My Master says
faster…. After about 8 months, some pushing of people’s buttons and
several calls we finally got my Single Speed… It is the twin of Carla’s
Bianchi SS with a few changes. I assume because mine is a production
model… Saddle is a laser not the race and the cranks are black (Carla’s
are polished). After all this time I was just about jumping up and down
waiting to ride it… The big debate was where. It rained the night we got
it and that narrowed it down to 2 possible venues…. We took the easy
option and went for Bethpage. First impressions… The name on the saddle
is what I named the bike after the second ride…”Laser”… Unlike my fat
old Kona (FOK) ,with it’s slack geometry and 100mm fork, this bike
performed like a surgeons scalpel. A……. “laser” scalpel. The tighter
geometry and rigid fork make this bike very precise. I do feel like I
might need some time getting used to the Mutano Raptor tires… Thought
very fat and compliant they lack side knobs and I don’t know exactly
where the edge is with these tires. The…. “Laser” more than makes up for
any sloppiness in the tires. The tires are very large at 2.4 and give a
very plush ride. Climbing is predictable and of course you need some
momentum to get up and over… again the…”Laser” was up to the task… I
missed a few climbs and you sure need to have better lines and better
moves to get up and over. All in all I would say to anyone who cries
hype to Shut up and listen to your master! It will beat you… It will
make you feel like puking… It will make you beg for mercy… It will make
you beg for more… but mostly it will make you smile.

Jimbo… bleeding from your eyes is good… right?...(san)

Old December 2nd 03, 02:47 PM
Marty

Jimbo(san) wrote in message some SS mantra...............

Congrats on your new ride. I guess SS is something I have to aspire
to..... I still don't get it but I can appreciate the fact that YOU
do!

I just got a new bike for a total of five in the house (that makes two
for me so I have some SERIOUS catching up to do).

Congrats again on the new ride and sorry about the bleeding eyes. This
too shall pass.

Marty