A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

cyclist self defense video



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 2nd 18, 03:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,653
Default cyclist self defense video

Feckless idiot cyclist, but entertaining.

https://www.rt.com/uk/428474-zombie-...ttack-croydon/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Ads
  #2  
Old June 2nd 18, 04:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 161
Default cyclist self defense video

AMuzi wrote:
Feckless idiot cyclist, but entertaining.

https://www.rt.com/uk/428474-zombie-...ttack-croydon/


CCTV footage? Then why does the camera move? Looks like a "made for
social media movie to me".

  #3  
Old June 2nd 18, 09:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,653
Default cyclist self defense video

On 6/2/2018 10:56 AM, Ralph Barone wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
Feckless idiot cyclist, but entertaining.

https://www.rt.com/uk/428474-zombie-...ttack-croydon/


CCTV footage? Then why does the camera move? Looks like a "made for
social media movie to me".


I do not know.
It's now popped up on The Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ts-window.html

And there's a police report so it may be real.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971


  #4  
Old June 3rd 18, 12:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 161
Default cyclist self defense video

AMuzi wrote:
On 6/2/2018 10:56 AM, Ralph Barone wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
Feckless idiot cyclist, but entertaining.

https://www.rt.com/uk/428474-zombie-...ttack-croydon/


CCTV footage? Then why does the camera move? Looks like a "made for
social media movie to me".


I do not know.
It's now popped up on The Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ts-window.html

And there's a police report so it may be real.


The terrible thing about most news nowadays, is that "it may be real" is
nearly always a valid response.

  #5  
Old June 3rd 18, 12:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,833
Default cyclist self defense video

On Sat, 02 Jun 2018 09:11:56 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Feckless idiot cyclist, but entertaining.
https://www.rt.com/uk/428474-zombie-...ttack-croydon/


Some observations.

The cyclists had noticed that the VW driver was about to pull out of
the parking space and stopped next to the drivers window. However,
the driver didn't see the cyclist and almost pushed over the bicycle
and the rider. I would blame the driver for not looking out his side
window before entering traffic.

The cyclist was not doing a very good job of trying to break the car
window. It looked like he was trying to cut the window with the
knife. You would have done better if he just hit the window with the
knife pommel. Or, he could have used the knife to slash the tires or
break the plastic light lenses.

The switch to "wide angle" as the attack progressed was because the
video was from the rear view of a dashboard camera. The driver of the
camera car was probably watching on a small LCD monitor and pulled
away either to get a wider angle view, or to get the hell away before
things become more violent.

More zombie knives. Buy one before they're banned:
https://www.google.com/search?q=zombie+knife&tbm=isch


--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
  #6  
Old June 3rd 18, 08:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 207
Default cyclist self defense video

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jun 2018 09:11:56 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Feckless idiot cyclist, but entertaining.
https://www.rt.com/uk/428474-zombie-...ttack-croydon/


Some observations.

The cyclists had noticed that the VW driver was about to pull out of
the parking space and stopped next to the drivers window. However,
the driver didn't see the cyclist and almost pushed over the bicycle
and the rider. I would blame the driver for not looking out his side
window before entering traffic.


Come on, this did not start with a traffic mishap, at least not one within
the video. Rerun the video to observe more carefully: The right lane doses
not look like parking space, but like traffic stuck behind the bus on the
right side. And the Polo's driver would not, without some "good" reason,
suddenly pull out in front of opposing traffic and even try to squeeze through.

Noting the behavior of the two approaching pedestrians who do not get
attacked, this DM commenter might have put the pieces together correctly:

"Artless Dodger, Galway, Ireland, 1 day ago

This was not road rage, This was an attempted attack, The Cyclist pulled up
next to the car knowing who was in it. The driver saw the guy and realised
it was an attack and tried to escape. Once things got going, the two lads
who were hanging back egging on their cyclist machete wielder wanted to
witness it. Nothing to do with road rage, This guy was targeting the driver.
Wait and see,. Gang related."

The cyclist was not doing a very good job of trying to break the car
window. It looked like he was trying to cut the window with the
knife. You would have done better if he just hit the window with the
knife pommel.


He did, look at DM's still. Himself clearly not the sharpest tool in the
shed, the cyclist might not have maintained the pommel's edges well enough
to break glass with little effort.

Or, he could have used the knife to slash the tires or
break the plastic light lenses.


He's not interested in causing material damage to the car: In the end, he
can be seeing running (after the driver).

The switch to "wide angle" as the attack progressed was because the
video was from the rear view of a dashboard camera. The driver of the
camera car was probably watching on a small LCD monitor and pulled
away either to get a wider angle view, or to get the hell away before
things become more violent.

More zombie knives. Buy one before they're banned:
https://www.google.com/search?q=zombie+knife&tbm=isch


"Bevers, Babylon, United Kingdom, 1 day ago

It cannot be a Zombie knife the government banned them."

  #7  
Old June 3rd 18, 06:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,653
Default cyclist self defense video

On 6/3/2018 2:32 AM, Sepp Ruf wrote:
Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jun 2018 09:11:56 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Feckless idiot cyclist, but entertaining.
https://www.rt.com/uk/428474-zombie-...ttack-croydon/


Some observations.

The cyclists had noticed that the VW driver was about to pull out of
the parking space and stopped next to the drivers window. However,
the driver didn't see the cyclist and almost pushed over the bicycle
and the rider. I would blame the driver for not looking out his side
window before entering traffic.


Come on, this did not start with a traffic mishap, at least not one within
the video. Rerun the video to observe more carefully: The right lane doses
not look like parking space, but like traffic stuck behind the bus on the
right side. And the Polo's driver would not, without some "good" reason,
suddenly pull out in front of opposing traffic and even try to squeeze through.

Noting the behavior of the two approaching pedestrians who do not get
attacked, this DM commenter might have put the pieces together correctly:

"Artless Dodger, Galway, Ireland, 1 day ago

This was not road rage, This was an attempted attack, The Cyclist pulled up
next to the car knowing who was in it. The driver saw the guy and realised
it was an attack and tried to escape. Once things got going, the two lads
who were hanging back egging on their cyclist machete wielder wanted to
witness it. Nothing to do with road rage, This guy was targeting the driver.
Wait and see,. Gang related."

The cyclist was not doing a very good job of trying to break the car
window. It looked like he was trying to cut the window with the
knife. You would have done better if he just hit the window with the
knife pommel.


He did, look at DM's still. Himself clearly not the sharpest tool in the
shed, the cyclist might not have maintained the pommel's edges well enough
to break glass with little effort.

Or, he could have used the knife to slash the tires or
break the plastic light lenses.


He's not interested in causing material damage to the car: In the end, he
can be seeing running (after the driver).

The switch to "wide angle" as the attack progressed was because the
video was from the rear view of a dashboard camera. The driver of the
camera car was probably watching on a small LCD monitor and pulled
away either to get a wider angle view, or to get the hell away before
things become more violent.

More zombie knives. Buy one before they're banned:
https://www.google.com/search?q=zombie+knife&tbm=isch


"Bevers, Babylon, United Kingdom, 1 day ago

It cannot be a Zombie knife the government banned them."


Oh, like Heroin. Well, then! that problem's solved!

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971


  #8  
Old June 3rd 18, 06:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,833
Default cyclist self defense video

On Sun, 3 Jun 2018 09:32:14 +0200, Sepp Ruf
wrote:

Come on, this did not start with a traffic mishap, at least not one within
the video. Rerun the video to observe more carefully: The right lane doses
not look like parking space, but like traffic stuck behind the bus on the
right side. And the Polo's driver would not, without some "good" reason,
suddenly pull out in front of opposing traffic and even try to squeeze through.


You're right. I didn't see any drivers in the line of cars on right
side of the photo, so I assumed that they were parked.

Noting the behavior of the two approaching pedestrians who do not get
attacked, this DM commenter might have put the pieces together correctly:


There may be more to the pedestrians. Go to the very last frame
(0:43) in the Daily Mail video at:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5794357/Terrifying-moment-cyclist-armed-huge-zombie-knife-tries-smash-motorists-window.html
It's difficult to see, but it looks like one of the pedestrians has a
knife.

"Artless Dodger, Galway, Ireland, 1 day ago


I couldn't find this on the Daily Mail site. URL?

This was not road rage, This was an attempted attack, The Cyclist pulled up
next to the car knowing who was in it. The driver saw the guy and realised
it was an attack and tried to escape. Once things got going, the two lads
who were hanging back egging on their cyclist machete wielder wanted to
witness it. Nothing to do with road rage, This guy was targeting the driver.
Wait and see,. Gang related."


Ok, I yield. Your explanation is probably better than mine.

The cyclist was not doing a very good job of trying to break the car
window. It looked like he was trying to cut the window with the
knife. You would have done better if he just hit the window with the
knife pommel.


He did, look at DM's still. Himself clearly not the sharpest tool in the
shed, the cyclist might not have maintained the pommel's edges well enough
to break glass with little effort.


I looked at all the stills and ran the video again. One of the still
photos suggest that me might be trying to hit the window with the
pommel, but all the subsequent attempts were made with the blade. One
still shows the pommel as having what looks like an eye hook, which is
quite unsuitable for breaking a car window.

"Bevers, Babylon, United Kingdom, 1 day ago

It cannot be a Zombie knife the government banned them."


--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
  #9  
Old June 3rd 18, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,653
Default cyclist self defense video

On 6/3/2018 12:37 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 3 Jun 2018 09:32:14 +0200, Sepp Ruf
wrote:

Come on, this did not start with a traffic mishap, at least not one within
the video. Rerun the video to observe more carefully: The right lane doses
not look like parking space, but like traffic stuck behind the bus on the
right side. And the Polo's driver would not, without some "good" reason,
suddenly pull out in front of opposing traffic and even try to squeeze through.


You're right. I didn't see any drivers in the line of cars on right
side of the photo, so I assumed that they were parked.

Noting the behavior of the two approaching pedestrians who do not get
attacked, this DM commenter might have put the pieces together correctly:


There may be more to the pedestrians. Go to the very last frame
(0:43) in the Daily Mail video at:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5794357/Terrifying-moment-cyclist-armed-huge-zombie-knife-tries-smash-motorists-window.html
It's difficult to see, but it looks like one of the pedestrians has a
knife.

"Artless Dodger, Galway, Ireland, 1 day ago


I couldn't find this on the Daily Mail site. URL?

This was not road rage, This was an attempted attack, The Cyclist pulled up
next to the car knowing who was in it. The driver saw the guy and realised
it was an attack and tried to escape. Once things got going, the two lads
who were hanging back egging on their cyclist machete wielder wanted to
witness it. Nothing to do with road rage, This guy was targeting the driver.
Wait and see,. Gang related."


Ok, I yield. Your explanation is probably better than mine.

The cyclist was not doing a very good job of trying to break the car
window. It looked like he was trying to cut the window with the
knife. You would have done better if he just hit the window with the
knife pommel.


He did, look at DM's still. Himself clearly not the sharpest tool in the
shed, the cyclist might not have maintained the pommel's edges well enough
to break glass with little effort.


I looked at all the stills and ran the video again. One of the still
photos suggest that me might be trying to hit the window with the
pommel, but all the subsequent attempts were made with the blade. One
still shows the pommel as having what looks like an eye hook, which is
quite unsuitable for breaking a car window.

"Bevers, Babylon, United Kingdom, 1 day ago

It cannot be a Zombie knife the government banned them."




meanwhile up Nort':
http://www.ktva.com/story/38311474/a...rview-shooting

Early today in LA:
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...603-story.html

Last week in NY:
https://nypost.com/2018/05/30/driver...ense-cops/amp/

Friday in NJ:
http://www.trentonian.com/general-ne...or-june-1-2018

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stupid cyclist frightens children video MrCheerful UK 1 February 9th 17 08:55 PM
Not A Single Cyclist In the Video Bret Cahill UK 0 December 17th 16 03:06 AM
Video of stupidest cyclist. Mrcheerful UK 46 January 17th 14 07:11 PM
Crazy cyclist video: Colombia Mr. Benn[_9_] UK 14 May 1st 12 02:48 PM
Another video cam cyclist Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 0 October 14th 11 12:17 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.