BR7 - AlpeDueEast ride

Old July 29th 04, 09:31 PM
flyingdutch

Default BR7 - AlpeDueEast ride

DRS Wrote:

Puh-leaze! Alp d'Est.

Sheesh.

I prefer "Tour trop sanglant tôt le matin".

Yeah, but dont sound mistakingly like Alp Dew Ezz

7:20 too early???

ya great narncy, DRS
After all. Its the day of our lord
(lord being the patron saint of bikes )

this little black duck is gonna have a rougher than usual head as Im
following the prescribed pre-ride evening tactics of Hippy this
Saturday...

--
flyingdutch

Old July 30th 04, 02:23 AM
hippy

flyingdutch Wrote:
7:20 too early???

Yes.

I've entered the short duathlon at Richmond (1..2..3.. WUSS!!) (7.30am

start) with the hope of making it to the Glenvale Crit at 9am. I think
I'll
drive so I can make the crit on time.
After that, if I have any energy, I'll probably ride along Beach Rd. or

something or maybe head home and take my under-braked fixie out for a
spin.
I don't think I'd make it up the hills after a duathlon and crit.. but
if you
wait long enough.. maybe

hippy

--
hippy

Old July 30th 04, 02:33 AM
DaveB

hippy wrote:

I've entered the short duathlon at Richmond (1..2..3.. WUSS!!)
(7.30am

Hopeless, how long is the 10km ride going to take you? Surely you'd have
to finish near the top, even after a 2km run, especially against all
those MTB's.

I think I've timed things to perfection. My 6 week hamstring problem
seems to have come good today. Of course I'm about to sort that out by
doing some hill intervals this afternoon.

DaveB

Old July 30th 04, 02:50 AM
hippy

hippy wrote:

I've entered the short duathlon at Richmond (1..2..3.. WUSS!!)
(7.30am

DaveB:
Hopeless, how long is the 10km ride going to take you? Surely you'd

have
to finish near the top, even after a 2km run, especially against all
those MTB's.

You overestimate my ability to run.. and, for now, my ability to ride
the
road bike hard. I've only done 4 or 5 rides on my road bike since
March...

Besides, I ran 5k the other night (not hard) and I could tell that if I
ran
harder or further I'd be heading into injury town AND I want to do the
crit
which the short race should allow.

If you want to see me punished.. I could head to Toolangi after all
this.. wanna join in?

hippy

--
hippy

Old July 30th 04, 01:05 PM
DRS

"flyingdutch" wrote
in message
DRS Wrote:

[...]

I prefer "Tour trop sanglant tôt le matin".

Yeah, but dont sound mistakingly like Alp Dew Ezz

7:20 too early???

ya great narncy, DRS

Mebbe. Or mebbe I'm just smarter than your average bear.

--

A: Top-posters.

BR7 - AlpeDueEast ride flyingdutch Australia 2 July 29th 04 02:14 PM
Sunday's ride Mikefule Unicycling 19 May 6th 04 04:54 PM
Another interminable write up of a ride Mikefule Unicycling 9 April 1st 04 05:15 AM
2003 Illinois AITC ride report(long) harryo Recumbent Biking 14 September 9th 03 01:01 AM
2003 RSVP (post ride ramblings) William Higley, Sr. Recumbent Biking 0 August 11th 03 02:07 AM