Clippless Pedals

Old July 24th 04, 12:42 PM
blah

Default Clippless Pedals

"Comfort Gusset" wrote in message news:4100b28a@news1...
Comfort Gusset Wrote:

Trial and error, dickhead. You'll soon pick it up......or break your
arm.

My God. Talk about EGO. Same replies to the same pointless questions.

Gino, you're a ****ing idiot. What a dumb question...aimed at an equally
dumb group. Same old boring questions over and ****ing over answered by the
same self obsessed dickheads giving the same old boring replies..

Buy a pair of clipless and ride you ****ing moron. It isn't hard. Instead
of reading over the same egotistic replies just get out there and ride. What
the **** goes through your head? Do you actually think asking the same
question that's been asked countless times in some pathetic group is going
to make it easier to become accustomed to clipless? The guys in this group
are more concerned with their ranking on Google rather than helping out some
Italian dickhead. Just ride.

Comfort Gusset, stay off the cocaine. It's making you a bit aggressive.
Old July 26th 04, 02:56 AM
byron27

kingsley Wrote:

Reminds me of that numbered joke book joke.
-kt

How does that go again?

--
byron27

Old July 27th 04, 06:17 AM
Bow

I've converted from LOOKs to Shimano "LOOK-a-likes" SPD-SL. They use a
modified Look cleat that (in my experience) lasts a lot longer, but seems to
be the same in all other respects. The cleats are not interchangable.

I made the switch because I was breaking/wearing through a set of red cleats
every 3 months - and I was hardly walking on them.

regards

Bow
"ritcho" wrote in message

Gino Wrote:
Are Clipples pedals easy to use ?

I want to get a set, but I don't want to go ass over if I have to
suddenly
stop (^_^)

Which are the best and easiet to use, so that I can get my shoes out
quickly
?

Cheers

SPDs are quite popular, partly because you can buy street-looking shoes
(and sandals) that have the cleat recessed in the sole. This is nice for
people that want to walk around at their destination without changing
shoes. SPD pedals are available pretty cheaply as well.

I use Look on my (road) bike, partly because it feels like a wider
platform, not that it makes much difference with carbon fibre soles.

My experience is that most cleat-types are easy to get out of in an
emergency, just twist your foot. This advice won't help you if you are
already tipping over and haven't done it before :-0. It will encourage
you to learn to twist your foot or get good at trackstands...

Ritch

--
ritcho

Old July 27th 04, 06:30 AM
flyingdutch

Bow Wrote:
I've converted from LOOKs to Shimano "LOOK-a-likes" SPD-SL. They use a
modified Look cleat that (in my experience) lasts a lot longer, but
seems to be the same in all other respects. The cleats are not
interchangable.

I made the switch because I was breaking/wearing through a set of red
cleats
every 3 months - and I was hardly walking on them.

regards

Bow
"
[/color]

bloody hell!

admittedly i do very little walking (apart from to front door to shed
and back. barring pnctures) but my red look cleats last 6-12 months

you arent doing triathlons in em are you?

--
flyingdutch

Old July 27th 04, 07:12 AM
ritcho

flyingdutch Wrote:
bloody hell!

admittedly i do very little walking (apart from to front door to shed
and back. barring pnctures) but my red look cleats last 6-12 months

you arent doing triathlons in em are you?

Sounds similar to my experiences of about 6-12 months/pair. I actually
do use them for triathlons, but only for the cycle leg (I realised
you were joking...)

Ritch

--
ritcho
Old July 27th 04, 11:26 PM
? the Platypus {aka David Formosa}

"Gino" writes:

Are Clipples pedals easy to use ?

I want to get a set, but I don't want to go ass over if I have to suddenly
stop (^_^)

I'm starting with clippless pedals myself (just had a set installed
last weekend). There is little risk of going ass over when you stop,
its more that you stop and then tilt over untill you crash into the
ground.

http://dformosa.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.
Free the Memes.
Old July 28th 04, 01:43 AM
Tamyka Bell

? the Platypus {aka David Formosa} wrote:

"Gino" writes:

Are Clipples pedals easy to use ?

I want to get a set, but I don't want to go ass over if I have to suddenly
stop (^_^)

I'm starting with clippless pedals myself (just had a set installed
last weekend). There is little risk of going ass over when you stop,
its more that you stop and then tilt over untill you crash into the
ground.

snip

Phone a friend, borrow an indoor trainer. Practice clipping and
unclipping. There is only one rule. Don't stop pedalling.

Tam
Old July 30th 04, 08:14 AM
Bob Chambers

There are two states - on the bike or on the ground - there doesn't seem to
be any state in between - it happens very quickly!
Bob C

Old July 30th 04, 08:40 AM
Graeme

"Bob Chambers" wrote in
:

There are two states - on the bike or on the ground - there doesn't
seem to be any state in between - it happens very quickly!

But not so quick that your cycling buddies don't have enough time to start
laughing before you hit the ground!

Graeme
Old August 2nd 04, 02:46 AM
Bow

That is pretty much all I'm doing as well. I have notice that the
ridgy-didge black (fixed) ones laster forever, but red ones crack.

A contributing factor might be the combination of shoe and cleat position,
because they last longer on my crappy Netti shoes than my Time carbon's, but
I hardly use my nettis anymore.

I was wearing down to the bolts, but had the rear of the cleat chipping and
cracking long before the surface wear got bad.

I love the shimanos because they are made tougher and have extended bits
that protect the rest of the cleat.

And thanks for asking - yes, I did change shoes for the run leg!
"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...