WHY A WATERFORD BIKE IS A JOKE

Old April 25th 14, 11:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Default WHY A WATERFORD BIKE IS A JOKE

Waterford is cool

when I got to the fork

I bought a mule
Old April 26th 14, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, April 25, 2014 11:05:09 PM UTC+1, wrote:
No breeding? It's the same company that made Schwinn paramounts going back decades.

Decades, eh? Oh, well, I suppose that where you live that passes for something. If you'd read the thread with even a minimum of attention, you'd know that Chalo Colina already covered that point.

No one is forcing you to buy anything.

That's exactly the point, sonny. This whole thread would never have happened if some RBT morons, touting for business for an American company, hadn't tried by bullying and sneering to force me to buy inferior goods at an inflated price. Read my analysis and you will see I justified every single one of these pejorative words. If you're stupid enough to continue with this, I'll do it again. I'm not the one doing Waterford harm: you are. I didn't even choose Waterford for the comparison: Russell S. Eaton did. Go blame him..

Andre Jute
Teflon
Old April 26th 14, 01:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

The horrible thing about this post is that it's the second thing that comes up on Google when you seach Waterford. The people at that company have serious passion for what they do and they do brilliant work. Their "breeding" and "provenance" are impeccable. I do not work for them and never have, I have however worked as a shop mechanic for many years. One example of their work was when they repaired a paramount frame dating from the 70s that had broken near the head tube. The customer who owns it is in his 80s he rode that very light racing frame daily since he bought it new, unless the snow was too deep. He cherished that bike as his most valued possession he was heart broken when the frame broke, never a wealthy man and now on a fixed income he couldn't afford to get the frame repaired and painted. Between the shop and Waterford we were able give him a price he could afford. The frame came back immaculate, better than new perfect paint and decals, the dents of almost 40 years of hard use removed, I really don't know know how they did it, but the frame was spectacular. He still rides it every day. To the original poster it is sad that your vast wealth cannot be be enjoyed, someone as snotty and vindictive as you cannot experience joy, you turn it to ash.
Old April 26th 14, 01:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Why not promote and tout the European companies that you love instead of attacking a company that many of us have had great experiences with? People would take a lot less offense. No I did not read every part of your rant and I have no plans to. I buy bikes to ride I could care less about thier "breeding". I wonder if you have the slightest clue how pretentious you come off, maybe you need to ride more. Your world is not somewhere I want to be, I hope things get better for you.
Old April 26th 14, 02:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 25 Apr 2014 17:09:40 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

Given that you argue that "The people at that company have serious
passion for what they do and they do brilliant work. Their "breeding"
and "provenance" are impeccable", could you, to validate your
statement, please post pedigrees for them? A simple 5 generation
listing should suffice. In lieu of provenance we will accept your
assurance of accuracy.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old April 26th 14, 03:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Friday, April 25, 2014 8:09:40 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

Nice story and very well said.

Cheers
Old April 26th 14, 03:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Give your mouth a rest, Blunder. You're doing more harm than good.

Andre Jute
Old April 26th 14, 03:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

In 1964, when Lee Iacocca said, 'Shelby, I want you to make a sports car out of the Mustang,' the first thing I said was, 'Lee, you can't make a race horse out of a mule. I don't want to do it.'

He said, 'I didn't ask you to make it; you work for me.'

all Mustang drivers I see are smiling.
Old April 26th 14, 03:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

[...]

You need to read the FAQ on Jute before wasting more time on him:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec....g/U3UPi04ElVwJ

At one time, there was also an amusing online parody of his writing.
I'd find that for you as well, but I don't waste time on Jute.

- Frank Krygowski
Old April 26th 14, 04:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Wow you people are weird, I've been in bike industry for twenty years and luckily I didn't even know your genre existed. Five generations of pedigree, what the hell is that?

bike joke Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_1058_] General 0 August 29th 07 04:27 AM
bike joke smn General 7 August 24th 07 07:57 PM
A bike related joke Craig Brossman Mountain Biking 10 March 26th 06 12:59 PM
FA: Last 4 Hours: Waterford 18" Mountain Bike Currently Only $455 LR Marketplace 0 November 3rd 04 11:32 PM
FA: 18" Waterford Mountain Bike LR Marketplace 0 October 28th 04 11:49 PM