Clippless Pedals

Old July 23rd 04, 06:07 AM
Gino

Default Clippless Pedals

Are Clipples pedals easy to use ?

I want to get a set, but I don't want to go ass over if I have to suddenly
stop (^_^)

Which are the best and easiet to use, so that I can get my shoes out quickly
?

Cheers

Old July 23rd 04, 06:13 AM
Graeme

"Gino" wrote in :

Are Clipples pedals easy to use ?

I want to get a set, but I don't want to go ass over if I have to
suddenly stop (^_^)

Which are the best and easiet to use, so that I can get my shoes out
quickly ?

Cheers

I'll not comment one which are the best/easiest to use as I've only ever
used SPDs (which I'm happy with). When you first get them though, it's a
good idea to practice clipping and unclipping when riding around on grass
or somewhere relatively soft. Once you get used to it, go out on the road.
No doubt you'll stop at traffic lights and forget/be unable to unclip
sometime, but it happens to loads of people who make the switch and it
usually only happens once or twice (the embarassment factor prevents it
happening too often).

Graeme
Old July 23rd 04, 06:18 AM
Comfort Gusset

"Gino" wrote in message
Are Clipples pedals easy to use ?

I want to get a set, but I don't want to go ass over if I have to suddenly
stop (^_^)

Which are the best and easiet to use, so that I can get my shoes out

quickly
?

Cheers

Trial and error, dickhead. You'll soon pick it up......or break your arm.

Old July 23rd 04, 06:29 AM
ritcho

Gino Wrote:
Are Clipples pedals easy to use ?

I want to get a set, but I don't want to go ass over if I have to
suddenly
stop (^_^)

Which are the best and easiet to use, so that I can get my shoes out
quickly
?

Cheers

SPDs are quite popular, partly because you can buy street-looking shoes
(and sandals) that have the cleat recessed in the sole. This is nice for
people that want to walk around at their destination without changing
shoes. SPD pedals are available pretty cheaply as well.

I use Look on my (road) bike, partly because it feels like a wider
platform, not that it makes much difference with carbon fibre soles.

My experience is that most cleat-types are easy to get out of in an
emergency, just twist your foot. This advice won't help you if you are
already tipping over and haven't done it before :-0. It will encourage
you to learn to twist your foot or get good at trackstands...

Ritch

--
ritcho
Old July 23rd 04, 06:35 AM
flyingdutch

Comfort Gusset Wrote:

Trial and error, dickhead. You'll soon pick it up......or break your
arm.

Way to go 'Mr Comfort'. glad to hear you have never had problems with
clipless pedals! (obviously not trying...)

Gino. probably best to try some first if you can (you wont go back once
you have the knack). You can adjust the tension so you can release
easier, or in Look's case you buy the red cleats which give you greater
float and are easier to get out, apparently

You aint a 'real' cyclist till you have pulled up to lights and fallen
over sideways in front of witnesses (at least 6 according to some )

Go to a carpark and practice stopping and getting in/out

--
flyingdutch

Old July 23rd 04, 06:53 AM
Mike

Gino wrote:
Are Clipples pedals easy to use ?

I want to get a set, but I don't want to go ass over if I have to suddenly
stop (^_^)

You won't go "ass over". The bike will stop, and you will fall gently,
if ungracefully sideways. Its embarassing, but not normally damaging
to you or the bike.

Yes they are easy, but until it becomes automatic, you may have a few
falls. Kind of like learning to ride a bike really :-)
Its safer than toe-straps.

Most people get SPDs or equivalent.
Old July 23rd 04, 06:54 AM
Jose Rizal

flyingdutch:

You aint a 'real' cyclist till you have pulled up to lights and fallen
over sideways in front of witnesses (at least 6 according to some )

There are only two types of clipless riders: ones who've fallen over,
and ones who are going to fall over.
Old July 23rd 04, 07:38 AM
flyingdutch

flyingdutch:

)

There are only two types of clipless riders: ones who've fallen over,
and ones who are going to fall over.

and why do you 'Clip in and out of CLIPLESS pedals' ???

--
flyingdutch

Old July 23rd 04, 07:41 AM
Comfort Gusset

"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...

Comfort Gusset Wrote:

Trial and error, dickhead. You'll soon pick it up......or break your
arm.

Way to go 'Mr Comfort'. glad to hear you have never had problems with
clipless pedals! (obviously not trying...)

Gino. probably best to try some first if you can (you wont go back once
you have the knack). You can adjust the tension so you can release
easier, or in Look's case you buy the red cleats which give you greater
float and are easier to get out, apparently

You aint a 'real' cyclist till you have pulled up to lights and fallen
over sideways in front of witnesses (at least 6 according to some )

Go to a carpark and practice stopping and getting in/out

--
flyingdutch

My God. Talk about EGO. Same replies to the same pointless questions.

Gino, you're a ****ing idiot. What a dumb question...aimed at an equally
dumb group. Same old boring questions over and ****ing over answered by the
same self obsessed dickheads giving the same old boring replies..

Buy a pair of clipless and ride you ****ing moron. It isn't hard. Instead
of reading over the same egotistic replies just get out there and ride. What
the **** goes through your head? Do you actually think asking the same
question that's been asked countless times in some pathetic group is going
to make it easier to become accustomed to clipless? The guys in this group
are more concerned with their ranking on Google rather than helping out some
Italian dickhead. Just ride.

Old July 23rd 04, 07:52 AM
BG

They come out real quick when u fall off no problems there.....
get spds in moutain bike shoes so u dont have to walk around like a
penguin.......