Adrenaline rush after longish ride

Old July 30th 04, 05:48 AM
marc_9

Default Adrenaline rush after longish ride

I notice after a longish ride, say 16 to 20 kms, I tend not be be able
to go to sleep quite as easily as I usually do.
Tend to be more alert and slightly on the jumpy side (in a good way).
Is this normal?
Old July 30th 04, 05:53 AM
Trekrules

20k's is not really a longish ride, but after I do around 80k's I feel
pretty much alive and full of beans, so yes maybe its normal.
om...

Old July 30th 04, 05:58 AM
Fraser Johnston

"marc_9" wrote in message
om...
I notice after a longish ride, say 16 to 20 kms, I tend not be be able
to go to sleep quite as easily as I usually do.
Tend to be more alert and slightly on the jumpy side (in a good way).
Is this normal?

I normally sleep better after a long ride once the endorphins kick in. Mmmm
endorphins.

Fraser

Old August 1st 04, 10:56 AM
hippy

marc_9 Wrote:
I notice after a longish ride, say 16 to 20 kms, I tend not be be able
to go to sleep quite as easily as I usually do.
Tend to be more alert and slightly on the jumpy side (in a good way).
Is this normal?

Depends on how close sleep was to the ride?
i.e. if you ride 20k and then jump into bed, you
aren't going to be sleeping any time soon.

hippy

--
hippy

Old August 1st 04, 12:03 PM
Michael Warner

On 29 Jul 2004 21:48:00 -0700, marc_9 wrote:

I notice after a longish ride, say 16 to 20 kms, I tend not be be able
to go to sleep quite as easily as I usually do.

You shouldn't exercise less than 3 hours before you want to get to
sleep.

--
bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo
Old August 2nd 04, 03:00 AM
Marx SS

Oh?
I run 6kms last thing at night to knock me out for a deep sleep. Sure I
spend 20min just after I get home bubbling away, but then I hit the sack
& it's light out until the next morning.

What should happen if you excerice less than 3hrs before going to
sleep?

--
Marx SS

Old August 2nd 04, 08:59 AM
Suzy Jackson

Michael Warner wrote in message .. .

You shouldn't exercise less than 3 hours before you want to get to
sleep.

My bod didn't listen to this yesterday. About ten minutes after
completing a 100km ride in the morning, including Mt White, Pie, and
Bobbin Head (south) I fell asleep in the bath, and ended up with
really wrinkly skin.

I didn't even make it to the sofa, and missed out on a nice beer!

Regards,

Suzy
Old August 2nd 04, 09:18 AM
Fraser Johnston

"Marx SS" wrote in message

Oh?
I run 6kms last thing at night to knock me out for a deep sleep. Sure I
spend 20min just after I get home bubbling away, but then I hit the sack
& it's light out until the next morning.

What should happen if you excerice less than 3hrs before going to
sleep?

Have you seen the movie "Gremlins"?

Fraser

Old August 2nd 04, 12:01 PM
Michael Warner

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 12:00:42 +1000, Marx SS wrote:

I run 6kms last thing at night to knock me out for a deep sleep. Sure I
spend 20min just after I get home bubbling away, but then I hit the sack
& it's light out until the next morning.

What should happen if you excerice less than 3hrs before going to
sleep?

It's supposed to keep you awake. If I'm running on too little sleep, a
solid ride often knocks me out for a nap, but it never lasts more than
a couple of hours.

There are people who can drink coffee as a nightcap and go straight to
sleep, so I guess some of us can become accustomed to anything.

--
bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo