Bike sizes

Old August 1st 04, 05:18 AM
Paulie

Default Bike sizes

I am looking at investing in my first road bike, and wanted to know how do
you get the right size , I am worried that the shop is trying to sell me one
just because maybe he hasn't got the right size in stock?

What should I look at ?

Old August 1st 04, 05:46 AM
GDS

"Paulie" wrote in message ...
I am looking at investing in my first road bike, and wanted to know how do
you get the right size , I am worried that the shop is trying to sell me one
just because maybe he hasn't got the right size in stock?

What should I look at ?

A reputable dealer.

G.

Old August 1st 04, 09:14 AM
DaveB

Paulie wrote:
I am looking at investing in my first road bike, and wanted to know how do
you get the right size , I am worried that the shop is trying to sell me one
just because maybe he hasn't got the right size in stock?

What should I look at ?

You want a shop that invests time in fitting you and the bike. Post
where you are and you'll probably find someone on here that can suggest
a good dealer.
DaveB

Old August 1st 04, 10:37 AM
Steve

For a start look at these PDF frame specs. & corresponding heights,
Road frame:
http://www.duratec.cz/data/Cool_RX_geometrie.pdf

MTB frame:
http://www.duratec.cz/data/Sonix_CX_geometrie.pdf