Contador the New Indurain?

Old March 20th 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default Contador the New Indurain?

Why would writers put that sort of idiotic load on a young rider. We must
remember that Indurain did not look all that good until he was older than
Contador. He became a force after he lost a lot of weight.

Maybe he ought to be the one and only Alberto Contador and not a new anyone
else.

There will never be another Eddy Merckx, another Bernard Hinault, another
Lance Armstrong nor another Miguel Indurain. Hell, we probably won't see
another Eric Zabel.

Old March 20th 07, 04:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Mar 20, 12:26 am, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

There will never be another Eddy Merckx, another Bernard Hinault, another
Lance Armstrong nor another Miguel Indurain. Hell, we probably won't see
another Eric Zabel.

dumbass,

how about another tom kunich ?

Old March 20th 07, 10:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Gregory

Tom Kunich wrote:

There will never be another Eddy Merckx, another Bernard Hinault, another
Lance Armstrong nor another Miguel Indurain. Hell, we probably won't see
another Eric Zabel.

But there is another Rik van Looy. He's been riding around the
Colchester UK region for some time
:-))
Old March 20th 07, 10:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

wrote:
how about another tom kunich ?

Depends on whether he implements the Cloneable interface, since mating
seems to be out of the question.

Old March 20th 07, 12:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Banned

On Mar 19, 10:26 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
Why would writers put that sort of idiotic load on a young rider. We must
remember that Indurain did not look all that good until he was older than
Contador. He became a force after he lost a lot of weight.

Cuz cycling is out of favor, particularly with spectators and the
advertisers are a-scrambbling..so an announcer says something stoopid
like the new 'whateverputnameherefromappropriatecountry'...

Maybe he ought to be the one and only Alberto Contador and not a new anyone
else.

There will never be another Eddy Merckx, another Bernard Hinault, another
Lance Armstrong nor another Miguel Indurain. Hell, we probably won't see
another Eric Zabel.

I agree,

Old March 20th 07, 02:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

Geraard Spergen wrote:

See this is because journalists today have no creativity with nicknames;
either that or there truly are no good ones left.

Cannibal, Badger, Gypsy - those are classics.

Lion King, Kaiser... ho hum

The Boss, El Niño... come on

Elefantino wasn't bad
Il Grillo is pretty good

But "The Next Whoever" is expedient.

The Next is a great nickname by itself. It offers the hope of
imminent success. And it also opens up the possibility of Abbott and
Costello routines by Bob Roll and Phil Liggett.

....and two have made their move as the road kicks up! Who's the lead
rider, Bob?
The Next.
No. I mean who is the rider in front.
The Next rider is in front.
I mean which rider is doing the work in the breakaway?
The Next.
....you're really starting to **** me off, Bob.

Old March 20th 07, 03:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KC

Geraard Spergen wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
Why would writers put that sort of idiotic load on a young rider. We
must remember that Indurain did not look all that good until he was
older than Contador. He became a force after he lost a lot of weight.

Maybe he ought to be the one and only Alberto Contador and not a new
anyone else.

There will never be another Eddy Merckx, another Bernard Hinault,
another Lance Armstrong nor another Miguel Indurain. Hell, we probably
won't see another Eric Zabel.

See this is because journalists today have no creativity with nicknames;
either that or there truly are no good ones left.

Cannibal, Badger, Gypsy - those are classics.

Lion King, Kaiser... ho hum

The Boss, El Niño... come on

Elefantino wasn't bad
Il Grillo is pretty good

But "The Next Whoever" is expedient.

"Contador El Conquistador."

There. Finished. He now has a nickname.

I'll be expecting royalties for the use of it... ;^)

-KC

Contador vs. Dekker Tuschinski Racing 7 June 19th 06 06:16 AM
Alberto Contador Bret Wade Racing 15 March 27th 05 03:20 PM
Indurain vs. Armstrong Iain Jones UK 5 July 5th 04 12:26 PM
Miguel Indurain Doug Butler UK 4 May 4th 04 10:21 PM
Indurain Comeback!!! Garry Jones Racing 7 April 6th 04 02:38 PM