Winbreaker with Hood Suggestion?

Old November 8th 05, 05:28 PM

Default Winbreaker with Hood Suggestion?

I used a rain jacket over fleece for a short ride in cold weather
recently and I was amazed at how the rain jacket blocked the wind.
However the rain jacket is kind of big. I am looking for something
streamlined with a hood that can be easily layered underneath. I also
want it to be of good quality and look good. Does anyone know of
anything?

Old November 8th 05, 06:54 PM
Bill Sornson

Don't fart next to a thug.

{I can wait}

Old November 8th 05, 09:14 PM
Alex Colvin

winbreaker? is that some kind of microsoft thing?

i found that hooded jackets act as parachutes on a bicycle, catching
the headwind and channeling it over your back. I'd go for something
tight-fitting.
--
mac the naïf
Old November 8th 05, 10:05 PM

I just ride casually and I have found that in colder weather a hood
makes a big difference in my comfort level

Old November 8th 05, 10:30 PM
Pat

:I just ride casually and I have found that in colder weather a hood
: makes a big difference in my comfort level

I got caught in the rain and put a shower cap over my helmet. It had the
added advantage of keeping my head toasty warm. You might try that--or a
"real" helmet cover.

Pat in TX
:

Old November 8th 05, 10:35 PM
gds

Pat wrote:
I got caught in the rain and put a shower cap over my helmet.

You just happened to have one with you or do you normally carry one
just in case you need to take a shower? ;-)

Old November 9th 05, 12:18 AM

Yes. I bought two expensive ones from EMS last year and the wind goes
right through them! I need a traditional windbreaker with a hood.