Why I Hate Trainers (or won't use one or whatever)

Old November 6th 05, 09:56 PM
Colorado Bicycler

Default Why I Hate Trainers (or won't use one or whatever)

Please use this thread to discuss why you hate trainers or won't use
them or whatever, instead of the thread "For Trainer Users Only"

Old November 6th 05, 11:18 PM
Joe Canuck

Colorado Bicycler wrote:

Please use this thread to discuss why you hate trainers or won't use
them or whatever, instead of the thread "For Trainer Users Only"

I like trainers, particulary when they wear spandex. ;-)

You've got to be kidding if you think you can control the content of
posts in a newsgroup thread. :-D
Old November 6th 05, 11:40 PM
Colorado Bicycler

I can control mine.

Can you control yours?

I've been on USENET and prior BB's many, many years, and am familiar
with the need folks have to make fools of themselves. But, I thought I
would, for once, try to have an on-topic discussion.

Sigh!

Old November 7th 05, 01:28 AM
Cameron Lewis

I hate trainers because they brought me bad luck.

ups.com...

Old November 7th 05, 05:04 AM
Fritz M

Colorado Bicycler wrote:
Sigh!

It's called "participating in the conversation" and "thread drift."

You really really really really really should read "The Cluetrain
Manifesto."

I'm agnostic about trainers. I have a treadmill for the rare days I
can't or won't get out.

RFM

Old November 7th 05, 11:21 AM

Colorado Bicycler wrote:
Please use this thread to discuss why you hate trainers or won't use
them or whatever, instead of the thread "For Trainer Users Only"

I hate rollers less because you can crash, and that keeps it
interesting!

Joseph

Old November 7th 05, 01:54 PM
Pyrtwist

Fake bike riding.

Old November 7th 05, 03:37 PM
Maggie

Colorado Bicycler wrote:
I can control mine.

Can you control yours?

I've been on USENET and prior BB's many, many years, and am familiar
with the need folks have to make fools of themselves. But, I thought I
would, for once, try to have an on-topic discussion.

Sigh!

Why is this so addictive? What the hell is a BB? What is an on
topic discussion. And why did you sigh? And you sighed with an
exclamation mark. What does that sound like. Is it like an excited
sign?

Maggie

Old November 7th 05, 05:35 PM
mark

"Maggie" wrote
Why is this so addictive? What the hell is a BB? What is an on
topic discussion. And why did you sigh? And you sighed with an
exclamation mark. What does that sound like. Is it like an excited
sign?

Maggie

An on topic discussion is something that Colorado Bicycler has been looking
for for years on USENET, but apparently can't find. I think it's sort of
like Diogenes with his lamp, looking for one honest man.
--
mark

Old November 7th 05, 06:08 PM
Leo Lichtman

"Maggie" wrote: (clip) What is an on
topic discussion. (clip)
It is the opposite of this discussion, which is distinctly off-topic.
(clip) And you sighed with an exclamation mark. What does that sound like.
(clip)
Are you old enough to remember steam trains? It's like the sound of one of
the chugs as the train is just starting to move. Or maybe it's the sound
of a big truck releasing the air brakes. ;-)