TdF predictions?

Old July 2nd 19, 06:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Alan[_9_]

Default TdF predictions?

This thread used to run for a long time 15 years ago.
What do you think?
Me:
Bernal for the win.
Thomas 4th.
I dont think Thomas has the form he had last year, Bernal was looking
good in the TdS, he'll be up there helping Thomas, then go on to lead
Ineos once he shows he is stronger than Thomas now.
Adam Yates, and possibly Thinault Pinot for a podium.

Sagan will struggle
Sam Bennett (if he is in the team) will dominate the sprints.
Mark Cavendish will struggle again, and retire afterwards.
Quintana for a stage win again, but only top ten overall.
Old July 3rd 19, 09:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mower Man

On 02/07/2019 06:34, Alan wrote:
This thread used to run for a long time 15 years ago.
What do you think?
Me:
Bernal for the win.
Thomas 4th.
I dont think Thomas has the form he had last year, Bernal was looking
good in the TdS, he'll be up there helping Thomas, then go on to lead
Ineos once he shows he is stronger than Thomas now.
Adam Yates, and possibly Thinault Pinot for a podium.

Sagan will struggle
Sam Bennett (if he is in the team) will dominate the sprints.
Mark Cavendish will struggle again, and retire afterwards.
Quintana for a stage win again, but only top ten overall.

Well, Cav won't struggle - Dimension Data have not selected him.
Sad, but there it is.

---

Old July 4th 19, 09:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael[_10_]

On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 12:34:08 AM UTC-5, Alan wrote:
This thread used to run for a long time 15 years ago.
What do you think?
Me:
Bernal for the win.
Thomas 4th.
I dont think Thomas has the form he had last year, Bernal was looking
good in the TdS, he'll be up there helping Thomas, then go on to lead
Ineos once he shows he is stronger than Thomas now.
Adam Yates, and possibly Thinault Pinot for a podium.

Sagan will struggle
Sam Bennett (if he is in the team) will dominate the sprints.
Mark Cavendish will struggle again, and retire afterwards.
Quintana for a stage win again, but only top ten overall.

With a strong team behind him, I agree that Egan Bernal has a great chance, especially after his impressive win at Paris-Nice, but I would not count out Thomas, if he can stay upright. I hope Fuglsang is right there at the end. He's had a great spring season. I'd love to see a French rider get to the top again, but that's unlikely this year. Adam Yates will be a strong contender. Remco Evenepoel is not in the Tour this year, but I'm excited about how he will do in future years.
Old July 11th 19, 11:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Alan[_9_]

On Tue, 02 Jul 2019 00:34:07 -0500, Alan wrote:
:
Bernal for the win.
Thomas 4th.
I dont think Thomas has the form he had last year, Bernal was looking
good in the TdS, he'll be up there helping Thomas, then go on to lead
Ineos once he shows he is stronger than Thomas now.

This is looking like it wont happen, Thomas was good today.

Adam Yates, and possibly Thinault Pinot for a podium.

Still a possibility, but unlikely.

Sagan will struggle Sam Bennett (if he is in the team) will dominate the
sprints.

Got that one totally wrong. Sagan looks back to his old self, if he only
had a better team around him he'd be winning more.

Quintana for a stage win again, but only top ten overall.

I'm not sure that one will come true either. He doesnt look like a
winner, though he still has time to go in the high mountains.

Old July 21st 19, 09:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Alan[_9_]

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 17:10:11 -0500, Alan wrote:

On Tue, 02 Jul 2019 00:34:07 -0500, Alan wrote:
:
Bernal for the win.
Thomas 4th.
I dont think Thomas has the form he had last year, Bernal was looking
good in the TdS, he'll be up there helping Thomas, then go on to lead
Ineos once he shows he is stronger than Thomas now.

This is looking like it wont happen, Thomas was good today.

And was it team tactics today for Stage 15? Let it look like Bernal is
the Leader, then Thomas gets away from Alaphilipe when he thinks Thomas
cannot keep up?
If anything, I think this has made Thomas stronger for the win now,
halfway up the mountain he looked to be shot as Bernal went away, but the
interview after , he said he didnt want to go as it would pull others
with him, and Alaphilipe may have stayed with him. Once it looked like he
was dropped, Alaphilipe maybe eased off a little mentally, and then wasnt
able to respond to Thomas's attack.
Either way, it's the best tour for a few years, with 6 riders still in
with a chance of Overall winner. Lots of mountains this week, Tuesday
will be an easy day, Weds/Thurs/Friday are all hard.

Adam Yates, and possibly Thinault Pinot for a podium.

They clearly picked the wrong brother for the Team Leader. Simon Yates is
looking like the favourite for the Vuelta now.
Pinot still has a chance of Overall.

Still a possibility, but unlikely.

Sagan will struggle Sam Bennett (if he is in the team) will dominate
the sprints.

Got that one totally wrong. Sagan looks back to his old self, if he only
had a better team around him he'd be winning more.

Quintana for a stage win again, but only top ten overall.

I'm not sure that one will come true either. He doesnt look like a
winner, though he still has time to go in the high mountains.

It looks like Quintana has lost his form this year.

Old July 28th 19, 10:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Alan[_9_]

On Sun, 21 Jul 2019 15:25:09 -0500, Alan wrote:

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 17:10:11 -0500, Alan wrote:

On Tue, 02 Jul 2019 00:34:07 -0500, Alan wrote:
:
Bernal for the win.
Thomas 4th.

Well, I got the winner right.

Adam Yates, and possibly Thinault Pinot for a podium.

Adam Yates and Dan Martin have been disappointing. Thinault could have
got 3rd, maybe 2nd if he hadnt pulled out.

Sagan will struggle Sam Bennett (if he is in the team) will dominate
the sprints.

Got that one totally wrong. Sagan looks back to his old self, if he
only had a better team around him he'd be winning more.

Sagan winning the Points for 7 years, it's a pity he had no lead outs.

Quintana for a stage win again, but only top ten overall.

Looked great on one stage, but he didnt threaten anyone at all overall.
He looks to be struggling to get anywhere near his form of 5 years ago.

How many can Egan Bernal go onto win now?
Alaphilipe has been great, it's a pity he has fallen to 5th, he worked
hard for 18 stages, then just couldnt keep it up for the last 2 mountain
stages. He'll be marked in future, so unless he improves his climbing
considerably, he wont get a chance for the overall again.

The best tour for 15 years?

Predictions Bob Schwartz Racing 17 July 27th 08 05:59 PM
24h predictions [email protected] Racing 4 June 10th 08 08:46 AM
any predictions? Andre Racing 4 September 1st 07 02:52 PM
Predictions please. [email protected] Racing 30 June 26th 07 10:15 AM
no predictions? Andre Racing 8 July 3rd 05 12:06 AM