Pedestrians do high-fives with Critical Mass.

Old May 29th 10, 06:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Pedestrians do high-fives with Critical Mass.

For a brief period once a month cyclists cause congestion, unlike cars
that do it all the time. Last night was no exception and hundreds of
cyclists certainly made their presence felt in central London. There
was much hooting from impatient drivers who seem to think they have
more right to the road than cyclists. One taxi driver held his horn on
constantly for many minutes during a traffic hold-hup. Is that legal?

The riders, and skateboarders too, were greeted with cheers from
pedestrians and some even did high-fives with the passing cyclists. A
group of children high-fived me and I was left with a sticky hand.
Ugh! In Piccadilly Circus the ride was met by cheers from many
tourists.

One downer though was when a rider was arrested by an enraged cop.
Apparently being on the wrong side of the road is now an offence for
cyclists but not for cars though. The rider was charged with
obstruction and handcuffed for refusing to move while being stationary
on the right hand side of the road, along with many others, caused by
traffic hold ups at the front and pressure from drivers at the rear.

I managed to video another ramming of a cyclist by a driver. Her rear
wheel was trapped by the number plate of the impatient taxi driver who
rammed her.

Towards the end the ride visited the Democracy Village in Parliament
Square where it was again cheered and many bikes were held high in
response..

Video to follow showing rammed bicycle and cheering tourists, among
other incidents.

--
Critical Mass London
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
Old May 29th 10, 07:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On 29 May, 06:14, Doug wrote:
For a brief period once a month cyclists cause congestion, unlike cars
that do it all the time. Last night was no exception and hundreds of
cyclists certainly made their presence felt in central London. *There
was much hooting from impatient drivers who seem to think they have
more right to the road than cyclists. One taxi driver held his horn on
constantly for many minutes during a traffic hold-hup. Is that legal?

No. The horn is primarily a warning device of approach so is not
required when a vehicle is stationary and is certainly not required
during motion of typically more than a few seconds. It may also be
used for warning to another moving vehicle of IMPENDING collision but
is illegal to use otherwise while stationary on a public higheway.

Old May 29th 10, 08:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Doug wrote:

I managed to video another ramming of a cyclist by a driver. Her rear
wheel was trapped by the number plate of the impatient taxi driver who
rammed her.

Video to follow showing rammed bicycle and cheering tourists, among
other incidents.

Perhaps this time it will show the actual incidence of ramming, rather
than your usual style of showing before, cut out the incident, and then
the after?

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp
Old May 29th 10, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 29 May, 08:03, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Doug wrote:
I managed to video another ramming of a cyclist by a driver. Her rear
wheel was trapped by the number plate of the impatient taxi driver who
rammed her.
Video to follow showing rammed bicycle and cheering tourists, among
other incidents.

Perhaps this time it will show the actual incidence of ramming, rather
than your usual style of showing before, cut out the incident, and then
the after?

I have managed to video three rammings this time, spurred on by
criticism here, two of which are in action. There must have been
several more rammings if I alone spotted three. I trust this will
permanently quell the criticisms of my videoing and finally elicit an
admission from the motorists here that deliberate ramming of cyclists
by impatient drivers is commonplace.

Video will follow shortly

--
Critical Mass London
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you f*ing cyclist"

Old May 29th 10, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

"Doug" wrote in message
On 29 May, 08:03, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Doug wrote:
[...]

I don't think anyone would deny that drivers get fed up with cyclists
deliberately obstructing them, and sometimes they give the cycle a nudge to
get them to move, I would run the *******s over rather than just a nudge.

Old May 29th 10, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Kemper

"Doug" wrote in message

group of children high-fived me and I was left with a sticky hand.

Pervert!

Old May 29th 10, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

On May 29, 10:41*am, "David Kemper" wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

group of children high-fived me and I was left with a sticky hand.

Pervert!

Hadn't they been warned about approaching dirty old men? Especially
ones on electric bikes.
Old May 29th 10, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_5_]

Doug wrote:

... A group of children high-fived me and I was left with a sticky hand.
Ugh!

I sometimes have the impression that being left with a sticky hand is a
common experience for you.
Old May 29th 10, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 29 May, 07:22, thirty-six wrote:
On 29 May, 06:14, Doug wrote:

[...]

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrT1mEcF7h4

Doug

Old May 29th 10, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 29 May, 09:55, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
"Doug" wrote in message

On 29 May, 08:03, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Doug wrote:
[...]

So you think that nudging cyclists to move is perfectly OK? If so
shouldn't this also apply to cars, nudging the car in front to make it
move? How about if cyclists throw their bikes at your windscreen, as
you seem to think that deliberate and dangerous violence on our roads
is perfectly acceptable?