Giant Revive - Review

Old February 6th 04, 09:23 PM
rwor

Default Giant Revive - Review

I realise that there have been quite a few reviews done on the Gian
Revive but two weeks ago after reading them I went out and test rode an
then bought one. I'm a 58 year old retiree living in Brisbane
Australia. I've been a keen cyclist since my school days in the North o
England and have always had a bike. A few years ago I developed chroni
Ostio-arthritis and so I had to give up cycling altogether. I neve
thought I would be able to enjoy cycling again. I soon became a bi
overweight and very unfit so I started looking for exercise that woul
keep me modestly fit. My arthritis effects just about every join in m
body but the major joints are the neck, left hip and right knee

As soon as I sat on the Revive I was pleased as I could mount withou
having to throw my leg over the seat. The semi recumbent and uprigh
seating position means that my neck is in a comfortable neutra
position. The angles made at the hip and knee are less than 90 degrees
This is do-able with only a little discomfort. Over the past two week
I've got quite fit again. The gearing on the Revive at first seemed to
low in the top gear and too high in the lowest gear but as my fitnes
has improved I now appreciate the choices Giant made. It also takes
few days to get used to taking advantage of the back support to push of
rather than pulling on the handlebars

A secondary benefit is that my wife can also use it despite being 1
inches shorter than I. She will need to book it well in advance as
use it daily

I'm as happy as a child with his first bike. Good on yer, Giant fo
looking after the aging population. I hope more invalids learn abou
your Revive

-

Old February 8th 04, 12:23 PM
John Riley

Glad to hear the bike worked out for you. Variety and choice are good

John Riley Toront

-