Weird similarities...

Old July 22nd 04, 06:27 AM
Graeme

Default Weird similarities...

It is said that everyone alive has a double, as in look-alike (not "make
mine a double") and it seems there is a Usenet equivalent, the "write-
alike". As a fairly regular reader and sometimes poster to both aus.bicycle
and uk.rec.cycling there are threads on each group contributed to (or
rather, taken over) by "DRS" and "Dr Curious" respectively.

The styles of writing, at least in levels of confrontation, share a
remarkable similarity. The word "f***wit" also crops up quite regularly in
these threads too.

It's fascinating, and a little confusing at times, to follow these threads.
So are you two guys related in any way?

:-)

Graeme
Old July 22nd 04, 05:59 PM
DRS

"Graeme" wrote in message
4.51
It is said that everyone alive has a double, as in look-alike (not
"make mine a double") and it seems there is a Usenet equivalent, the
"write- alike". As a fairly regular reader and sometimes poster to
both aus.bicycle and uk.rec.cycling there are threads on each group
contributed to (or rather, taken over) by "DRS" and "Dr Curious"
respectively.

The styles of writing, at least in levels of confrontation, share a
remarkable similarity. The word "f***wit" also crops up quite
regularly in these threads too.

It's fascinating, and a little confusing at times, to follow these
threads. So are you two guys related in any way?

:-)

I've never heard of this other bloke and I very rarely venture into the uk.*
groups.. A quick look at his headers shows he's posting from a German
server (ie, ) whereas I post through IHUG's NZ
server (even though it pretends to be dinky di it's actually in Auckland).

--

A: Top-posters.

Old July 22nd 04, 07:53 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 02:59:33 +1000, "DRS"
wrote in message
:

A quick look at his headers shows he's posting from a German
server (ie, )

A lot of us do.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old July 22nd 04, 11:41 PM
Ray Peace

Greetings,
I in fact have two doubles, and have met one and seen
the other. The one I met is Irish (I'm originally English) and worked at
an office I worked at years ago. The second double is in fact related,
and appears briefly in the closing credits of the movie, `Attack of the
Killer Tomatoes' (1978), which was made by the San Diego branch of my
family. Have fun spotting him.
Regards,
Ray.

Old July 23rd 04, 12:49 AM
Graeme

Ray Peace wrote in news:4100428D.3060706
@jeack.com.au:

I in fact have two doubles, and have met one and seen
the other.

I've not met any doubles of me. There is though a name-sake in New Zealand,
Lots of people have name-sakes, but with the way I spell mine I would have
thought it highly unlikely. I was Googling for my name one day (ego-surfing
I believe it's called) and got a hit for a Graeme Dods in a printing
company in New Zealand. Most "Dods" are spelled "Dodds" (for reasons I'll
not go into just now).

Graeme
Old July 23rd 04, 01:22 AM
hippy

"Graeme" wrote in message
4.51...
I've not met any doubles of me. There is though a name-sake in New

Zealand,
Lots of people have name-sakes, but with the way I spell mine I would

have
thought it highly unlikely. I was Googling for my name one day

(ego-surfing
I believe it's called) and got a hit for a Graeme Dods in a printing
company in New Zealand. Most "Dods" are spelled "Dodds" (for reasons

I'll
not go into just now).

I've got to try harder.. I had most of the top 10 google
spots sewn up but now my best rank is 3rd place and
I only have 5 or so entries in the top 10... very poor
performance. My main competitors seem to be a rector
(whatever that is.. sounds religious to me) and a Tuba
player

hippy

Old July 23rd 04, 08:42 AM
aeek

googling my "first name last name" gives 12 discrete results, 10 are
me and one is posting from a highschool of the same name.
The last is archive html spam, ugh.

my name is too unique which is why I use an alias.

--
aeek
Old July 24th 04, 05:02 AM
dude

: I've got to try harder.. I had most of the top 10 google
: spots sewn up but now my best rank is 3rd place and
: I only have 5 or so entries in the top 10... very poor
: performance. My main competitors seem to be a rector
: (whatever that is.. sounds religious to me) and a Tuba
: player

heh heh. That's got me curious! I'm a pro tuba player, so I'm bound to recognise
your name! I'm usually about third Google-place, myself, on an 'ego-surf',
(Googling my name) my main 'competitors' are a mathematician and a photographer!

Old July 26th 04, 03:03 AM
Tamyka Bell

aeek wrote:

googling my "first name last name" gives 12 discrete results, 10 are
me and one is posting from a highschool of the same name.
The last is archive html spam, ugh.

my name is too unique which is why I use an alias.

--
aeek

Yeah, I get like 4 pages of results which are all me. I must be pretty
cool. shame

Tam

Weird similarities... Graeme UK 73 July 29th 04 04:36 AM
A turn towords the weird Eric S. Sande General 3 March 1st 04 10:48 PM
Weird TdF graffiti Bryan and Colleen Wooten Racing 2 July 31st 03 05:19 AM