Leyland Brothers ride (BR6)

Old July 22nd 04, 04:21 AM
flyingdutch

Default Leyland Brothers ride (BR6)

Sunday 25.7.04
7:20am at shoppingtown
Head east along Doncaster road to Warrandyte Rd and then out to
Kangaroo Ground way

People with new pedals to wait for the rest of us at the top of hills

--
flyingdutch

Old July 25th 04, 02:52 AM
Dej

"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...

Sunday 25.7.04
7:20am at shoppingtown
Head east along Doncaster road to Warrandyte Rd and then out to
Kangaroo Ground way

People with new pedals to wait for the rest of us at the top of hills

--
flyingdutch

for whatever reason, i thought it was an 8am start
anyway, i got there about 7:45, left doncaster at 8:10 thinking i'd stuffed
up the time/meeting place and headed out to williamsons rd? down to porter
st, to warrandyte, then left over the bridge to kangaroo ground..
got a slow leak in the rear tube heading up the hills and had to stop every
10 mins to pump up the tyre..
made it to just between eltham and doncaster when i was pumping up the tyre
and the valve snapped off
the wife support crew was asleep and i'd only bought patches, no tube..

next time, i'll open my eyes and read the meeting instructions more
carefully

Old July 26th 04, 03:35 AM
kyra

Sorry lads, that's the second week I have not made it... I went down to
beach rd with some work friends... I feel like i'm losing the little
climbing ability I had! Will be there this weekend.

--
kyra
Old July 26th 04, 04:13 AM
DaveB

flyingdutch wrote:
People with new pedals to wait for the rest of us at the top of hills

I've got a really sore ankle today which I suspect is from the new shoes
(and the fact that I was determined not to be caught before K Ground
with a 30 min handicap). I had a feeling yesterday that the left foot
didn't feel quite right and paying the price now. I noticed the cleat
position is a bit different between the shoes so better match the left
one up with the right before the next ride. Won't be there for BR7,
duathlon that day (let's see if the hill training is paying off, 20kms
on the flat should leave plenty in the tank for the 2 runs)

DaveB

Old July 26th 04, 04:20 AM
hippy

DaveB
Won't be there for BR7, duathlon that day (let's see if the hill

training is paying off, 20kms on the flat should leave plenty in the
tank for the 2 runs)

The Richmond one?
I was going to do this but I think I've left this run training guff too
late.. working stupid overtime hours didn't help when it came to fitting
in a run.
Maybe I should just enter and accept it as $40 of masochism?

hippy

--
hippy
Old July 26th 04, 04:51 AM
DaveB

hippy wrote:

The Richmond one? I was going to do this but I think I've left this
run training guff too late.. working stupid overtime hours didn't
help when it came to fitting in a run. Maybe I should just enter and
accept it as $40 of masochism?

hippy

That's the one. I think I'd rather go on the next Bunch Ride, but I
haven't been in a race since Jan and I need to see how training is
going. My prediction is that I will come in 3rd last (I can usually
count on a couple of people that finish way behind). Bring on triathlon
season, at least my swim leg bumps me up a few positions. Maybe we could
get BR6 to detour down to Richmond and form a cheer squad.

DaveB

Old July 26th 04, 07:53 AM
hippy

hippy wrote about the Richmond Duathlon this Sunday..

DaveB said:
That's the one. I think I'd rather go on the next Bunch Ride, but I
haven't been in a race since Jan and I need to see how training is
going. My prediction is that I will come in 3rd last (I can usually
count on a couple of people that finish way behind). Bring on

triathlon
season, at least my swim leg bumps me up a few positions. Maybe we

could
get BR6 to detour down to Richmond and form a cheer squad.

So if I enter this race I'll see you there perhaps?
I have done nearly 0 running and I'm not sure if I should do the
long or short one. The short one would be over too quick but I might
actually
do alright in it whereas the long one will be much much harder (better
value for money) but I will be placed so far back I'll need lights on
my bike for the
evening finish..

Which age group are you racing in? I can't really remember what you
look like
but I think you're older than me??

I'll look for the guy who can't unclip and topples over and you can
look for
the guy who's drunk, eating something very bad pre/post-race or in the
ambulance for running-related injuries

hippy

--
hippy
Old July 26th 04, 08:17 AM
DaveB

So if I enter this race I'll see you there perhaps?
I have done nearly 0 running and I'm not sure if I should do the
long or short one. The short one would be over too quick but I might
actually
do alright in it whereas the long one will be much much harder (better
value for money) but I will be placed so far back I'll need lights on
my bike for the
evening finish..

I'm going for value for money and also the fact that I miss out on my
normal Sunday training so I better doing something equivalent to the K
Ground ride.

Which age group are you racing in? I can't really remember what you
look like
but I think you're older than me??

Hmm, I should be in the 35-40 age group, but I sometimes cheat and enter
something else that leaves earlier to prevent my being the last one off
the course. I don't mind being hopeless, just not that hopeless
(happened to my in my first Pier to Pub, and my second Tri).

I'll look for the guy who can't unclip and topples over

My brother was so paranoid about that, that in his frst tri with a
borrowed bike and new shoes he ran the first 50m of the bike leg so he
could get on without anyone watching. I'll be in black cycling shorts,
blue sleaveless top, surrounded by a pool of sweat, a face so red
they'll see it from the moon, and calling for water/medic assuming I
have enough breath.

and you can
look for
the guy who's drunk, eating something very bad pre/post-race or in the
ambulance for running-related injuries

Oh that's ok we can just meet in the ambulance

DaveB

Old July 27th 04, 02:29 AM
hippy

DaveB
I'm going for value for money and also the fact that I miss out on my
normal Sunday training so I better doing something equivalent to the

Ground ride.

Hmm.. I'm in turmoil.
I'd like to do the long one because the short one is a little too short
(8k riding/3k running), but I ran last night and I was starting to fall
apart
after 5k's. The long one is 5k run + 20k ride + 3k run and I think it
will do
some damage to my untrained legs..
I don't think that it is possible to improve my running much in 4
days..

Which age group are you racing in? I can't really remember what you
look like but I think you're older than me??

My brother was so paranoid about that, that in his frst tri with a
borrowed bike and new shoes he ran the first 50m of the bike leg so

he
could get on without anyone watching.

hehe

I'll be in black cycling shorts, blue sleaveless top, surrounded by a

pool of sweat, a face so red they'll see it from the moon, and calling
for water/medic assuming I have enough breath.

Hmm.. black shorts.. they'll be really uncommon I'm sure
I'll be running holding my t-shirt out to stop nipple chaffing hehehe

hippy

--
hippy

Sunday's ride Mikefule Unicycling 19 May 6th 04 04:54 PM
Another interminable write up of a ride Mikefule Unicycling 9 April 1st 04 05:15 AM
Cades Cove Loop Ride... chirokid Unicycling 14 November 3rd 03 12:55 PM
2003 Illinois AITC ride report(long) harryo Recumbent Biking 14 September 9th 03 01:01 AM
2003 RSVP (post ride ramblings) William Higley, Sr. Recumbent Biking 0 August 11th 03 02:07 AM